how do i type one-half in figures in word?

=?Utf-8?B?YW51?=

      27th Sep 2004
I am using Office XP and want to type in figures "1 and half hours" or "1 and
quarter hour" how do i do this

Rick B

      27th Sep 2004
What is your question? You would just type it. Please explain what you are
trying to accomplish in more detail.

You said in "word". This is an Access group. Are you asking an Access
question, or a Word question?

Rick B
"anu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am using Office XP and want to type in figures "1 and half hours" or "1

and
> quarter hour" how do i do this

Peter R. Fletcher

      27th Sep 2004
(Answering the question I think you are asking)

1 and a half hours is 1.5 hours
1 and a quarter hours is 1.25 hours.
5 minutes is 0.08333 (recurring) hours

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 04:13:02 -0700, anu
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am using Office XP and want to type in figures "1 and half hours" or "1 and
>quarter hour" how do i do this

Please respond to the Newsgroup, so that others may benefit from the exchange.
Peter R. Fletcher

      28th Sep 2004
In Word, the autocorrect feature should automatically
change 1/2 to the fraction format. If it isn't set into
autocorrect, you can do this yourself. You'll find the
fraction characters in "insert" "symbol".

Access also has autocorrect, but I haven't explored this
and I don't know which types of fields and objects it
works on.
Regards, Keith.

Peter R. Fletcher

      28th Sep 2004
I'm still not quite sure what he is really trying to do! I think that
Autocorrect will only work for text (or memo) fields in Access. In any
event, I find this particular Autocorrect feature much more trouble
than it is worth, so I have it disabled. Generally speaking, when I
type 1/2 or 1/4, that's what I want to see (it's part of a reference
no or serial no).

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 04:03:21 -0700,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In Word, the autocorrect feature should automatically
>change 1/2 to the fraction format. If it isn't set into
>autocorrect, you can do this yourself. You'll find the
>fraction characters in "insert" "symbol".
>
>Access also has autocorrect, but I haven't explored this
>and I don't know which types of fields and objects it
>works on.
>Regards, Keith.

Darrell Childress

      28th Sep 2004
anu wrote:
> I am using Office XP and want to type in figures "1 and half hours" or "1 and
> quarter hour" how do i do this

If you mean by using ASCII character, ½ is typed by holding down the ALT
key and typing 0189 using the keypay (NOT the numbers above the
letters) ¼ is achieved by ALT-0188 and ¾ is ALT-0190