how do i turn off overwrite function in Word?

=?Utf-8?B?Y3NwcmluZzM=?=

      19th May 2006
I accidently hit a button while typing. Now I overwrite exsisting text in my
document if i try to insert a word within a sentence. How do I turn off this
overwriting function. I am very frustrated...

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyZ2llIE1hYw==?=

      19th May 2006
Look down at the status bar and you'll see something that says OVR - you can
double click this to turn off the overtype function.

"cspring3" wrote:

> I accidently hit a button while typing. Now I overwrite exsisting text in my
> document if i try to insert a word within a sentence. How do I turn off this
> overwriting function. I am very frustrated...

=?Utf-8?B?UmFlIERyeXNkYWxl?=

      19th May 2006
You probably used the 0 on the number pad. This also toggles the overtype on
and off when the num lock is off. Personally I always keep the Num Lock on so
the figures are always available and it prevents the overtype kicking in.
Hope this helps.
--
Rae Drysdale

"cspring3" wrote:

> I accidently hit a button while typing. Now I overwrite exsisting text in my
> document if i try to insert a word within a sentence. How do I turn off this
> overwriting function. I am very frustrated...

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      19th May 2006
Press the Insert key once.

--