How do I transfer data from Notepad to Excel?

=?Utf-8?B?ZXJpa2E=?=

      18th Jan 2005
I transferred a file from a database that will only save reports in Notepad.
I then, cut and paste the data into Excel. However all of the info is merged
into one cell. How can I format this data, so that it will be a simple
worksheet with more than one cell? i.e. Name, SSN, Home address should all be
in different cells

Gord Dibben

      18th Jan 2005
Erika

After the fact you could use the Data>Text to Columns feature to parse the
data.

OR....

Don't cut and paste from the Notepad.txt file.

In Excel go to File>Open. Select the Notepad.txt file and OK.

The Excel Text Import Wizard will open and you parse the data there.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:39:11 -0800, "erika" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I transferred a file from a database that will only save reports in Notepad.
>I then, cut and paste the data into Excel. However all of the info is merged
>into one cell. How can I format this data, so that it will be a simple
>worksheet with more than one cell? i.e. Name, SSN, Home address should all be
>in different cells

=?Utf-8?B?U3BpZmY=?=

      18th Jan 2005
Erika,

Have you tried importing the file through the Data | Import External Data |
Import Data... function? This function will allow you to import the data and
separate the fields into different cells.

Henry Falk

"erika" wrote:

> I transferred a file from a database that will only save reports in Notepad.
> I then, cut and paste the data into Excel. However all of the info is merged
> into one cell. How can I format this data, so that it will be a simple
> worksheet with more than one cell? i.e. Name, SSN, Home address should all be
> in different cells

New Member

      25th May 2012
i have created an account with pcreview how do i import leads from notepad to excel