How do I stop my e mails being automatically deleted?

BobW

      3rd Nov 2009
The e mails in my out tray are being deleted shortly after I send them. How
do i stop this. The system only started doing this a few weeks ago and I have
lost a couple of years worth of sent e mails which is very very
inconvienient, to say the least. My irritation with this random change in
the system is intense.
I have tried for a couple of hours to find out waht is going on using the
automatic help system and have found nothing useful.
Cheers
bob

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      3rd Nov 2009
Are you sure they are being deleted? Could you have a view with a folder
hiding them?
Are you syncing with a handeld device?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

"BobW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The e mails in my out tray are being deleted shortly after I send them.
> How
> do i stop this. The system only started doing this a few weeks ago and I
> have
> lost a couple of years worth of sent e mails which is very very
> inconvienient, to say the least. My irritation with this random change
> in
> the system is intense.
> I have tried for a couple of hours to find out waht is going on using the
> automatic help system and have found nothing useful.
> Cheers
> bob

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

      4th Nov 2009
"BobW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> The e mails in my out tray are being deleted shortly after I send them. How
> do i stop this. The system only started doing this a few weeks ago and I
> have
> lost a couple of years worth of sent e mails which is very very
> inconvienient, to say the least. My irritation with this random change in
> the system is intense.
> I have tried for a couple of hours to find out waht is going on using the
> automatic help system and have found nothing useful.

Outlook has no folder called "out tray". OIf you mean "Outbox", then that is
supposed to happen. Outgoing messages sit in Outbox only until the outgoing
server accepts them and then Outlook moves them to Sent Items.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

wangdong

      20th Nov 2009
To find those mails back , you can try the data-recover tool called
Advanced Outlook Repair. It can help to undelete the emails you delete
by mistake. You can download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe
..

And visiting http://www.datanumen.com/aor/ can get detailed
information about Advanced Outlook Repair.

Wangdong