How do I stop IE from blocking ActiveX on my website?

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

      20th Feb 2007
Everytime I preview my frontpage 2003 website in IE, it blocks the ActiveX
content...it even happens after only adding the standard microsoft
interactive buttons. How can I stop this from happening as it's really
annoying and makes my website look unprofessional. Any help is gratefully
appreciated!

Thomas A. Rowe

      20th Feb 2007
Only happen when you preview your page on your local machine via the C:\....

Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

http://www.Ecom-Data.com

> Everytime I preview my frontpage 2003 website in IE, it blocks the ActiveX
> content...it even happens after only adding the standard microsoft
> interactive buttons. How can I stop this from happening as it's really
> annoying and makes my website look unprofessional. Any help is gratefully
> appreciated!

Mike Mueller

      20th Feb 2007
Is is activeX that also requires a click to activate the
control now in IE?

"Thomas A. Rowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: Only happen when you preview your page on your local
machine via the C:\....
:
: --
: ==============================================
: Thomas A. Rowe
: Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
:
: http://www.Ecom-Data.com
: ==============================================
:
:
: "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: > Everytime I preview my frontpage 2003 website in IE, it
blocks the ActiveX
: > content...it even happens after only adding the standard
microsoft
: > interactive buttons. How can I stop this from happening
as it's really
: > annoying and makes my website look unprofessional. Any
help is gratefully
: > appreciated!
:
:

Thomas A. Rowe

      20th Feb 2007
Depending on how it was inserted in the page, and whether using IE6, SP2 or IE7.

But because the OP mentioned "FP Preview" you would always get the prompt when JavaScript, ActiveX
are on a page that is being viewed from a HD.

Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

http://www.Ecom-Data.com

"Mike Mueller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is is activeX that also requires a click to activate the
> control now in IE?
>
> "Thomas A. Rowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> : Only happen when you preview your page on your local
> machine via the C:\....
> :
> : --
> : ==============================================
> : Thomas A. Rowe
> : Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
> :
> : http://www.Ecom-Data.com
> : ==============================================
> :
> :
> : "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> : news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> : > Everytime I preview my frontpage 2003 website in IE, it
> blocks the ActiveX
> : > content...it even happens after only adding the standard
> microsoft
> : > interactive buttons. How can I stop this from happening
> as it's really
> : > annoying and makes my website look unprofessional. Any
> help is gratefully
> : > appreciated!
> :
> :

Murray

      20th Feb 2007
http://www.projectseven.com/support/answers.asp?id=153

or add the "Mark of the Web" to your local files' markup (immediately under
the Doctype, if there is one)

<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->

--
Murray
--------------

"Thomas A. Rowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23zI$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Depending on how it was inserted in the page, and whether using IE6, SP2
> or IE7.
>
> But because the OP mentioned "FP Preview" you would always get the prompt
> when JavaScript, ActiveX are on a page that is being viewed from a HD.

> Thomas A. Rowe
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
>
> http://www.Ecom-Data.com
>

> "Mike Mueller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is is activeX that also requires a click to activate the
>> control now in IE?
>>
>> "Thomas A. Rowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> : Only happen when you preview your page on your local
>> machine via the C:\....
>> :
>> : --
>> : ==============================================
>> : Thomas A. Rowe
>> : Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
>> :
>> : http://www.Ecom-Data.com
>> : ==============================================
>> :
>> :
>> : "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> : news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> : > Everytime I preview my frontpage 2003 website in IE, it
>> blocks the ActiveX
>> : > content...it even happens after only adding the standard
>> microsoft
>> : > interactive buttons. How can I stop this from happening
>> as it's really
>> : > annoying and makes my website look unprofessional. Any
>> help is gratefully
>> : > appreciated!
>> :
>> :

Thomas A. Rowe

      20th Feb 2007
Murray,

That only solves the issue of running a page on your local HD via a Drive Letter, correct?

Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

http://www.Ecom-Data.com

"Murray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.projectseven.com/support/answers.asp?id=153
>
> or add the "Mark of the Web" to your local files' markup (immediately under the Doctype, if there
> is one)
>
> <!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->
>
> --
> Murray
> --------------
> MVP FrontPage
>

> "Thomas A. Rowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23zI$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Depending on how it was inserted in the page, and whether using IE6, SP2 or IE7.
>>
>> But because the OP mentioned "FP Preview" you would always get the prompt when JavaScript,
>> ActiveX are on a page that is being viewed from a HD.
>>
>> --
>> Thomas A. Rowe
>> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
>>
>> http://www.Ecom-Data.com
>>

>> "Mike Mueller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Is is activeX that also requires a click to activate the
>>> control now in IE?
>>>
>>> "Thomas A. Rowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> : Only happen when you preview your page on your local
>>> machine via the C:\....
>>> :
>>> : --
>>> : ==============================================
>>> : Thomas A. Rowe
>>> : Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
>>> :
>>> : http://www.Ecom-Data.com
>>> : ==============================================
>>> :
>>> :
>>> : "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> : news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> : > Everytime I preview my frontpage 2003 website in IE, it
>>> blocks the ActiveX
>>> : > content...it even happens after only adding the standard
>>> microsoft
>>> : > interactive buttons. How can I stop this from happening
>>> as it's really
>>> : > annoying and makes my website look unprofessional. Any
>>> help is gratefully
>>> : > appreciated!
>>> :
>>> :

Murray

      20th Feb 2007
Yes. Isn't that the question?

--
Murray
--------------

"Thomas A. Rowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Murray,
>
> That only solves the issue of running a page on your local HD via a Drive
> Letter, correct?

> Thomas A. Rowe
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
>
> http://www.Ecom-Data.com
>

> "Murray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www.projectseven.com/support/answers.asp?id=153
>>
>> or add the "Mark of the Web" to your local files' markup (immediately
>> under the Doctype, if there is one)
>>
>> <!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->
>>
>> --
>> Murray
>> --------------
>> MVP FrontPage
>>

>> "Thomas A. Rowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%23zI$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Depending on how it was inserted in the page, and whether using IE6, SP2
>>> or IE7.
>>>
>>> But because the OP mentioned "FP Preview" you would always get the
>>> prompt when JavaScript, ActiveX are on a page that is being viewed from
>>> a HD.
>>>
>>> --
>>> ==============================================
>>> Thomas A. Rowe
>>> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
>>>
>>> http://www.Ecom-Data.com
>>> ==============================================
>>>

>>> "Mike Mueller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

Thomas A. Rowe

      20th Feb 2007
Just want to be clear that it doesn't solve the issue of getting around the prompt of loading an
ActiveX control on web page via http in IE.

Murray

      20th Feb 2007
Right - it doesn't do that....

--