How do I stop the headings moving when I scroll down?

cloudsofclaire

      14th Mar 2008
What I want to do is set up a couple of my bohemoth spreadsheets so that when
I scroll down to look at the values below the bottom of the sheet the
headings don't disappear - basically I want to 'anchor' them somehow.

Ron Coderre

      14th Mar 2008
Try this:

Set the headings where your want them on the screen
Select the first cell below the headings

Example:
If you always want to see rows 1:3 and column A
Select cell B4

From the Excel Main Menu:
<window><freeze panes>

Does that help?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"cloudsofclaire" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What I want to do is set up a couple of my bohemoth spreadsheets so that
> when
> I scroll down to look at the values below the bottom of the sheet the
> headings don't disappear - basically I want to 'anchor' them somehow.

cloudsofclaire

      14th Mar 2008
Fantastic, you're a genius.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

> Try this:
>
> Set the headings where your want them on the screen
> Select the first cell below the headings
>
> Example:
> If you always want to see rows 1:3 and column A
> Select cell B4
>
> From the Excel Main Menu:
> <window><freeze panes>
>
> Does that help?
> Post back if you have more questions.
> --------------------------
>
> Regards,
>
> Ron
> Microsoft MVP (Excel)
> (XL2003, Win XP)
>
> "cloudsofclaire" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What I want to do is set up a couple of my bohemoth spreadsheets so that
> > when
> > I scroll down to look at the values below the bottom of the sheet the
> > headings don't disappear - basically I want to 'anchor' them somehow.

Ron Coderre

      14th Mar 2008
Thanks for the kind words....I'm glad I could help.

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"cloudsofclaire" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Fantastic, you're a genius.
>
> "Ron Coderre" wrote:
>
>> Try this:
>>
>> Set the headings where your want them on the screen
>> Select the first cell below the headings
>>
>> Example:
>> If you always want to see rows 1:3 and column A
>> Select cell B4
>>
>> From the Excel Main Menu:
>> <window><freeze panes>
>>
>> Does that help?
>> Post back if you have more questions.
>> --------------------------
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ron
>> Microsoft MVP (Excel)
>> (XL2003, Win XP)
>>
>> "cloudsofclaire" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > What I want to do is set up a couple of my bohemoth spreadsheets so
>> > that
>> > when
>> > I scroll down to look at the values below the bottom of the sheet the
>> > headings don't disappear - basically I want to 'anchor' them somehow.

damnjan.milutinovic@gmail.com

      29th Apr 2008
Thanks it works

Aaron Hodson \(Coversure\)

      29th Apr 2008
Cannot get this to work...

To explain in a little more detail, my table ranged from A1 to O50.

Data from F3:H3 to F50:H50 is required for formatting.

I need the lowest figure being highlighted out of F3,G3,H3
Then again out of F4,G4,H4
etc down to row 50.

Thanks

Aaron

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks it works

Pete_UK

      29th Apr 2008
I think you posted this to the wrong thread.

Pete

On Apr 29, 11:34*am, "Aaron Hodson \(Coversure\)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Cannot get this to work...
>
> To explain in a little more detail, my table ranged from A1 to O50.
>
> Data from F3:H3 to F50:H50 is required for formatting.
>
> I need the lowest figure being highlighted out of F3,G3,H3
> Then again out of F4,G4,H4
> etc down to row 50.
>
> Thanks
>
> Aaron
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > Thanks it works - Hide quoted text -

New Member

      11th Apr 2012
If you always want to see rows 1:1 and column A
Select cell B4

From the Excel Main Menu:
<window><freeze panes>

New Member

      11th Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Coderre View Post
Try this:

Set the headings where your want them on the screen
Select the first cell below the headings

Example:
If you always want to see rows 1:3 and column A
Select cell B4

From the Excel Main Menu:
<window><freeze panes>

Does that help?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"cloudsofclaire" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What I want to do is set up a couple of my bohemoth spreadsheets so that
> when
> I scroll down to look at the values below the bottom of the sheet the
> headings don't disappear - basically I want to 'anchor' them somehow.
Thanks, your great!