How do I stop the cursor from blinking in Word 2007?

Ramie in SC

      4th Jan 2010
How do I stop the cursor from blinking in Word 2007?

Daddy

      4th Jan 2010
You mean "how do I stop the cursor from blinking in Windows"? Without
knowing which version of Windows you have it's tough to give specific
directions. For example, in Windows XP you go to Control Panel > Keyboard >
Speed tab > 'Cursor blink rate'

Daddy

"Ramie in SC" <Ramie in (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I stop the cursor from blinking in Word 2007?

Terry Farrell

      4th Jan 2010

It's similar in Vista and Win 7 too. All done through the Control Panel,
Keyboard applet.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Daddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You mean "how do I stop the cursor from blinking in Windows"? Without
> knowing which version of Windows you have it's tough to give specific
> directions. For example, in Windows XP you go to Control Panel > Keyboard
> > Speed tab > 'Cursor blink rate'

> Daddy
>
> "Ramie in SC" <Ramie in (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> How do I stop the cursor from blinking in Word 2007?

Tony Jollans

      5th Jan 2010
The way the cursor blinks when typing in Word 2007 is different from the way
it blinks in Word 2003. As far as I know there isn't anything you can do
about the behaviour, although, as others have said, changing Windows
settings may help you.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Ramie in SC" <Ramie in (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I stop the cursor from blinking in Word 2007?

Dean L

      21st Jan 2010

First, Office 2007 does not honor the windows settings for cursor blink rate.
But that's besides the point, because the don't-blink-while-typing behavior
of the cursor is apparently an Office issue.

To experience the perpetual blink, create a new Word document or compose a
new Outlook email and just press and hold the spacebar to make an entire line
of spaces across the screen. As spaces are made across your screen, notice
how the cursor continues to blink, appearing and disappearing on its own.

Try the same thing in any other program... notepad, internet explorer, any
windows dialog box, even when typing a reply to this message. The cursor
stays solid while you're typing and doesn't resume blinking until you stop.
That's the way the cursor should behave, and why the Office 2007 team decided
to do it differently doesn't make any sense.

I heard this cursor blink behavior also exists in 2010.

What is so fundamentally different about the Office cursor?

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

> The way the cursor blinks when typing in Word 2007 is different from the way
> it blinks in Word 2003. As far as I know there isn't anything you can do
> about the behaviour, although, as others have said, changing Windows
> settings may help you.
>
> --
> Enjoy,
> Tony
>
> www.WordArticles.com
>
> "Ramie in SC" <Ramie in (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How do I stop the cursor from blinking in Word 2007?

> .

Terry Farrell

      21st Jan 2010
Does this only happen in Outlook 2007 or does it happen in Word 2007 as
well? (Note that Outlook 2007 does not use Word 2007 as its email editor).

It certainly doesn't happen in Word 2010 (I'm not using Outlook 2010 at the
moment to test) and I don't remember anything like that in Word 2003 either.

Terry

"Dean L" <Dean (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> First, Office 2007 does not honor the windows settings for cursor blink
> rate.
> But that's besides the point, because the don't-blink-while-typing
> behavior
> of the cursor is apparently an Office issue.
>
> To experience the perpetual blink, create a new Word document or compose a
> new Outlook email and just press and hold the spacebar to make an entire
> line
> of spaces across the screen. As spaces are made across your screen,
> notice
> how the cursor continues to blink, appearing and disappearing on its own.
>
> Try the same thing in any other program... notepad, internet explorer, any
> windows dialog box, even when typing a reply to this message. The cursor
> stays solid while you're typing and doesn't resume blinking until you
> stop.
> That's the way the cursor should behave, and why the Office 2007 team
> decided
> to do it differently doesn't make any sense.
>
> I heard this cursor blink behavior also exists in 2010.
>
> What is so fundamentally different about the Office cursor?
>

> "Tony Jollans" wrote:

Tony Jollans

      22nd Jan 2010
My Word 2007 (on Vista) appears to honour the Windows blink rate.

The blinking while typing was a change in Word 2007 (and I think it is just
Word, not the whole of Office) that has never been explained. My Word 2010
(on Windows 7) behaves the same way as Word 2007.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com