how do i stop an account from downloading emails, when using Outlook (not OE)

Jasonc

      19th Feb 2004
in OE you can stop email from being downloaded from an account, how is this
done in Outlook?

thanks

Jason

Jasonc

      19th Feb 2004
I want to prevent it from getting, but allow me to send them with that
account, so deleting the account is not what I need to do,
in outlook express, there was an option to stop downloading from this
account, where is it on Outlook.

thanks

Jason

"Jasonc" <NoEmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> in OE you can stop email from being downloaded from an account, how is

this
> done in Outlook?
>
> thanks
>
> Jason

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

      19th Feb 2004
What version of Outlook??

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jasonc asked:

| in OE you can stop email from being downloaded from an account, how
| is this done in Outlook?
|
| thanks
|
| Jason

Jasonc

      19th Feb 2004
Outlook 2002

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> What version of Outlook??
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
>
> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jasonc asked:
>
> | in OE you can stop email from being downloaded from an account, how
> | is this done in Outlook?
> |
> | thanks
> |
> | Jason

PhilG

      19th Feb 2004

Press Ctrl Alt S to go to the Define Groups window. Click on edit and a
list of your accounts will appear on the left side. Click on each of
these and check or uncheck the boxes for sending and receiving. This
allows you to modify the way accounts are treated. You can set each
account to receive only or send only or do both.

Brian Tillman

      19th Feb 2004
Jasonc <NoEmail.com> wrote:

> in OE you can stop email from being downloaded from an account, how
> is this done in Outlook?

Tools>Send/Receive>Define Send/Receive Groups. Select your group (probably
All Accounts). Click Edit. Select your account. Uncheck the "Receive"
check box.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Jasonc

      19th Feb 2004
I can not see these menu items, in Outlook 2002.

please advise.

thanks again.

Jason

"Brian Tillman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jasonc <NoEmail.com> wrote:
>
> > in OE you can stop email from being downloaded from an account, how
> > is this done in Outlook?

> Tools>Send/Receive>Define Send/Receive Groups. Select your group

(probably
> All Accounts). Click Edit. Select your account. Uncheck the "Receive"
> check box.
> --
> Brian Tillman
> Smiths Aerospace
> 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3
> Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991
> Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain.
>
> I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me.

Brian Tillman

      19th Feb 2004
Jasonc <NoEmail.com> wrote:

> I can not see these menu items, in Outlook 2002.

When you click "Tools", what menu items do you see? Do you have friendly
menus enabled? If so, there should be a double down-arrow at the bottom of
the menu. Hover your mouse over it or click it to see all of the menu
items. Now, post the entries.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Jasonc

      19th Feb 2004
thank you very much for all of your help today.

regards

Jason

"Brian Tillman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jasonc <NoEmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I can not see these menu items, in Outlook 2002.

> When you click "Tools", what menu items do you see? Do you have friendly
> menus enabled? If so, there should be a double down-arrow at the bottom

of
> the menu. Hover your mouse over it or click it to see all of the menu
> items. Now, post the entries.
> --
> Brian Tillman
> Smiths Aerospace
> 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3
> Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991
> Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain.
>
> I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me.

Brian Tillman

      20th Feb 2004
Jasonc <NoEmail.com> wrote:

> thank you very much for all of your help today.

Since you didn't post the information I requested, I'm assuming you do use
friendly menus and that you found the entry I told you about.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace