how do i split one table into 2 tables in word 2007

flipper

      30th Jan 2008
Recently started working on 2007 - I used to be able to split one table into
2, just by clicking on "table" "split" - where is this command in word 2007
as i cant seem to find it!

Stefan Blom

      30th Jan 2008
Place the insertion point somewhere in the row where the new table should
start. On the Table Tools Layout ribbon tab, click Split Table (in the Merge
group).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"flipper" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Recently started working on 2007 - I used to be able to split one table
> into
> 2, just by clicking on "table" "split" - where is this command in word
> 2007
> as i cant seem to find it!

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      30th Jan 2008
Also, if there are still context (right-click) menus, Split Table is usually
on the one you get when you right-click in a table cell.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Stefan Blom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23m$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Place the insertion point somewhere in the row where the new table should
> start. On the Table Tools Layout ribbon tab, click Split Table (in the
> Merge group).
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "flipper" wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Recently started working on 2007 - I used to be able to split one table
>> into
>> 2, just by clicking on "table" "split" - where is this command in word
>> 2007
>> as i cant seem to find it!

Stefan Blom

      31st Jan 2008
The context menus are still available in Word 2007, but as far as I can tell
there is no Split Table command (only Split Cells).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
news:u%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Also, if there are still context (right-click) menus, Split Table is
> usually on the one you get when you right-click in a table cell.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>
> "Stefan Blom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23m$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Place the insertion point somewhere in the row where the new table should
>> start. On the Table Tools Layout ribbon tab, click Split Table (in the
>> Merge group).
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "flipper" wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Recently started working on 2007 - I used to be able to split one table
>>> into
>>> 2, just by clicking on "table" "split" - where is this command in word
>>> 2007
>>> as i cant seem to find it!

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

      31st Jan 2008
Hi Stefan,

And as in prior versions 'split cells' isn't on the context menu if you select more than one cell.

------------------
<<"Stefan Blom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%23Hf$t1%(E-Mail Removed)...
The context menus are still available in Word 2007, but as far as I can tell
there is no Split Table command (only Split Cells).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP >>
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      31st Jan 2008
ISTR adding Split Table to some of my context menus. Is it still possible to
customize context menus in Word 2007. I assume not, since you can't
customize anything else except the QAT; that will be a big productivity
drain for me in tables alone, as I have added the "Vertical Alignment"
submenu to most of the table context menus.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

"Stefan Blom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23Hf$t1%(E-Mail Removed)...
> The context menus are still available in Word 2007, but as far as I can
> tell there is no Split Table command (only Split Cells).
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
> news:u%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Also, if there are still context (right-click) menus, Split Table is
>> usually on the one you get when you right-click in a table cell.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>>
>> "Stefan Blom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%23m$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Place the insertion point somewhere in the row where the new table
>>> should
>>> start. On the Table Tools Layout ribbon tab, click Split Table (in the
>>> Merge group).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Stefan Blom
>>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>>

>>> "flipper" wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Beth Melton

      31st Jan 2008
Yes but only if you use VBA to customize them. It's not hard but involves
more than drag/drop.

On the bright side, I checked every table shortcut menu I could find and the
Cell Alignment command (for vertical alignment) is included.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it still possible to customize context menus in Word 2007. I assume
> not, since you can't customize anything else except the QAT; that will be
> a big productivity drain for me in tables alone, as I have added the
> "Vertical Alignment" submenu to most of the table context menus.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      31st Jan 2008
But is that the Cell Alignment command introduced in Word 2000 where you
have nine choices? I don't want that. I want just Vertical Alignment. The
horizontal alignment comes from my style.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Beth Melton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eBkV%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes but only if you use VBA to customize them. It's not hard but involves
> more than drag/drop.
>
> On the bright side, I checked every table shortcut menu I could find and
> the Cell Alignment command (for vertical alignment) is included.
>
> Please post all follow-up questions to the newsgroup. Requests for
> assistance by email cannot be acknowledged.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Beth Melton
> Microsoft Office MVP
>
> Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:
> http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/boo...x#AboutTheBook
>
> Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
> TechTrax eZine: http://mousetrax.com/techtrax/
> MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is it still possible to customize context menus in Word 2007. I assume
>> not, since you can't customize anything else except the QAT; that will be
>> a big productivity drain for me in tables alone, as I have added the
>> "Vertical Alignment" submenu to most of the table context menus.

Beth Melton

      31st Jan 2008
I know what you want now. Yes, it's the same Cell Alignment command. :-(

But you can still do it in VBA and I suspect we can make it easy for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> But is that the Cell Alignment command introduced in Word 2000 where you
> have nine choices? I don't want that. I want just Vertical Alignment. The
> horizontal alignment comes from my style.
>
> "Beth Melton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eBkV%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yes but only if you use VBA to customize them. It's not hard but involves
>> more than drag/drop.
>>
>> On the bright side, I checked every table shortcut menu I could find and
>> the Cell Alignment command (for vertical alignment) is included.
>>
>> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Is it still possible to customize context menus in Word 2007. I assume
>>> not, since you can't customize anything else except the QAT; that will
>>> be a big productivity drain for me in tables alone, as I have added the
>>> "Vertical Alignment" submenu to most of the table context menus.

Stefan Blom

      1st Feb 2008
Bob,

Indeed, Split *Cell* would make more sense... :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news:(E-Mail Removed)...