How do I setup an network with a domain in Windows XP Pro

Gordon

      19th Jan 2005
cds wrote:
> TIA

You need a Domain server. if you have to ask, then you haven't the
technical knowledge.

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(4 weeks and

cds

      19th Jan 2005
TIA

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP\)

      19th Jan 2005
Please take this question to the windowsxp.network_web newsgroup.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"cds" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41eedf24$0$2590$(E-Mail Removed)...
> TIA

Colin Barnhorst

      20th Jan 2005
Try using Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2003 Server as a domain controller.
XP Pro is a client OS.

"cds" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41eedf24$0$2590$(E-Mail Removed)...
> TIA

Bruce Chambers

      20th Jan 2005
cds wrote:
> TIA

To create a domain, you would need to start with a server operating
system, such as WinNT 4.0 Server (may it rest in peace), Win2K Server,
or Windows Server 2003.

WinXP Pro, as a workstation operating system, is an excellent
choice for a client OS to use on the domain's workstations. WinXP Home,
however, is not designed to, nor can it truly be made to, join a WinNT,
Win2K or Win2K3 domain.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

cds

      20th Jan 2005
Yeah - well thanks for the benefit of your wisdom! or maybe that is just
reacting to someone who is condescending
news:%23REHbcn$(E-Mail Removed)...

cds wrote:
> Yeah - well thanks for the benefit of your wisdom! or maybe that is just
> reacting to someone who is condescending

Not at all - it's quite a technical business setting up a domain server
- one that you won't easily manage by asking questions in a newsgroup.