How do I send post dated message in outlook?

=?Utf-8?B?U29sb21vbg==?=

      16th Dec 2005
I need to write a message with instructions for a job to be done tomorrow,
hit send button, and make sure message is delivered tomorrow, not today. Can
I do that in outlook ?

Thanks

Solomon Tesfaye
(E-Mail Removed)

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      16th Dec 2005
you can try using the option to send at a specific date - test it first
because it works with some servers but not all. It's on the options button
of a new message form.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(E-Mail Removed)

"Solomon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need to write a message with instructions for a job to be done tomorrow,
> hit send button, and make sure message is delivered tomorrow, not today.
> Can
> I do that in outlook ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Solomon Tesfaye
> (E-Mail Removed)

Vanguard

      16th Dec 2005
"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> you can try using the option to send at a specific date - test it first
> because it works with some servers but not all. It's on the options button
> of a new message form.
>
> "Solomon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I need to write a message with instructions for a job to be done tomorrow,
>> hit send button, and make sure message is delivered tomorrow, not today.
>> Can
>> I do that in outlook ?

I thought the delay only worked if you used Exchange as your mail server.
If you are not using Exchange then you need to leave Outlook loaded so it is
running at the time that you schedule the mail to get sent.

Post replies to the newsgroup - Share with others.
E-mail: Remove "NIX" and append "#LAH" to Subject.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

      16th Dec 2005
Correct, Outlook needs to be up and running, but the option works for POP3
mail better than Exchange - Exchange has a nasty habit of sending the mail
immediately.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Vanguard asked:

| "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
|| you can try using the option to send at a specific date - test it
|| first because it works with some servers but not all. It's on the
|| options button of a new message form.
|| "Solomon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
||| I need to write a message with instructions for a job to be done
||| tomorrow, hit send button, and make sure message is delivered
||| tomorrow, not today. Can
||| I do that in outlook ?
|

| I thought the delay only worked if you used Exchange as your mail
| server. If you are not using Exchange then you need to leave Outlook
| loaded so it is running at the time that you schedule the mail to get
| sent.

=?Utf-8?B?U29sb21vbg==?=

      16th Dec 2005

Thank you Diane, Vangaurd, Milly,

Yes, I use Exchange Server. But I searched for the feature in options. It
doesn't appear to be there. I'm wondering if this feature is not available in
older versions. I'm using Outlook 2000.

Solomon