how do i retrieve a word document that wasn't saved?

=?Utf-8?B?TWFuZE0=?=

      11th Dec 2005
I was working on a Word document that someone sent me by email. I have
Outlook Express and saved the document and then closed Outlook. I now can't
find the revised file and I have lost about 4 hours of work. Any ideas on
where I can find this file? I looked in the email that was originally sent,
but it is still the old file. I have also done a seach on my computer with
no luck. Help, I'm desperate!!! I have Word 2003 and Outlook Express 6.

=?Utf-8?B?REFWRQ==?=

      11th Dec 2005
Hi,
Look for the Outlook Express store folder.
Tools
Maintenance tap
Store folder button
Regards,
--
DAVE

"MandM" wrote:

> I was working on a Word document that someone sent me by email. I have
> Outlook Express and saved the document and then closed Outlook. I now can't
> find the revised file and I have lost about 4 hours of work. Any ideas on
> where I can find this file? I looked in the email that was originally sent,
> but it is still the old file. I have also done a seach on my computer with
> no luck. Help, I'm desperate!!! I have Word 2003 and Outlook Express 6.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFuZE0=?=

      11th Dec 2005
Thanks! I found it and now I'm not sure what to do next. I have the
following files:
Drafts.dbx
inbox.dbx
microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general.dsx
outbox.dbx
deleted items.dbx
folders.dbx
inbox.dbx
offline.dbx
pop3uidl.dbx
sent items.dbx

Also, how would I open the dbx file? Thanks again for your help!

Mike

"DAVE" wrote:

> Hi,
> Look for the Outlook Express store folder.
> Tools
> Maintenance tap
> Store folder button
> Regards,
> --
> DAVE
>

> "MandM" wrote:
>
> > I was working on a Word document that someone sent me by email. I have
> > Outlook Express and saved the document and then closed Outlook. I now can't
> > find the revised file and I have lost about 4 hours of work. Any ideas on
> > where I can find this file? I looked in the email that was originally sent,
> > but it is still the old file. I have also done a seach on my computer with
> > no luck. Help, I'm desperate!!! I have Word 2003 and Outlook Express 6.

Roady [MVP]

      11th Dec 2005
Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum.

Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office
family.

Here is the link for the right forum
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xpress.general

Good Luck!

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
"MandM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I was working on a Word document that someone sent me by email. I have
Outlook Express and saved the document and then closed Outlook. I now can't
find the revised file and I have lost about 4 hours of work. Any ideas on
where I can find this file? I looked in the email that was originally sent,
but it is still the old file. I have also done a seach on my computer with
no luck. Help, I'm desperate!!! I have Word 2003 and Outlook Express 6.

Vanguard

      11th Dec 2005
"MandM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was working on a Word document that someone sent me by email. I have
> Outlook Express and saved the document and then closed Outlook. I now
> can't
> find the revised file and I have lost about 4 hours of work. Any ideas on
> where I can find this file? I looked in the email that was originally
> sent,
> but it is still the old file. I have also done a seach on my computer
> with
> no luck. Help, I'm desperate!!! I have Word 2003 and Outlook Express 6.

You have Outlook Express.
You close Outlook.

So WHICH e-mail client did you actually use? This newsgroup is for Outlook,
not Outlook Express.