How do I remove recycle bins from USB drives?

=?Utf-8?B?WGVub3BoaWxl?=

      16th Oct 2006
I have a recycle bin on every outboard USB drive. They seem to be yoked
together -- whenever I remove a file from one it gets removed from all the
others. But I don't want it taking up space on my USB disks -- I'd rather
all the deleted files reside on my C: drive recycle bin. How do I remove it
from the others withut removing it from the C: drive recycle bin?

Harry Ohrn

      16th Oct 2006
From the Desktop right click the Recycle bin icon and select Properties.
Select "Configure drives independently". Click Apply button. Select the tab
for the drives you don't want to have the Recycle bin active on. Check the
box " Do not move files ......" or move the slider to 0%. Then click Apply
button.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell\User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

"Harry Ohrn" wrote:

> From the Desktop right click the Recycle bin icon and select Properties.
> Select "Configure drives independently". Click Apply button. Select the tab
> for the drives you don't want to have the Recycle bin active on. Check the
> box " Do not move files ......" or move the slider to 0%. Then click Apply
> button.
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell\User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "Xenophile" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a recycle bin on every outboard USB drive. They seem to be yoked
> > together -- whenever I remove a file from one it gets removed from all the
> > others. But I don't want it taking up space on my USB disks -- I'd rather
> > all the deleted files reside on my C: drive recycle bin. How do I remove
> > it
> > from the others withut removing it from the C: drive recycle bin?

Thanks. But that still leaves a large Recycle Bin on the USB drives and
when I delete a test file from it, the file disappears from the C: Recycle
Bin as well. I'd like to leave them on the C: drive at least for a while.

Also there are two files with names like S-1-5-21-746 ... in the Recycler
Folder on my G: (USB) drive and they BOTH duplicate the one on the C: drive
and deleting on one deletes them everywhere.