PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

How do I remove paragraph symbols on every line in Word?

 
 
Kathleen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11th Feb 2010
All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
it's on the left. How do I remove this?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Graham Mayor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11th Feb 2010
CTRL+SHIFT+8
or click the button

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>


"Kathleen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line.
> If
> the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no
> text,
> it's on the left. How do I remove this?



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
caysimpson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11th Feb 2010
Click on the "Show/Hide" button on your toolbar.

"Kathleen" wrote:

> All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
> the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
> it's on the left. How do I remove this?

 
Reply With Quote
 
Peter T. Daniels
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11th Feb 2010
If they're on _every_ line, then you're probably looking at text
downloaded from a webpage, and you probably want to remove them so
that Word can be a proper word processor.

If the actual paragraphs are separated by two (or more) paragraph
symbols, then use Find/Replace (Ctrl-H) to Find two paragraph marks
(^p^p) and Replace with something not otherwise used in your document
(such as line break, ^l [lowercase L]), then Find/Replace every
paragraph mark (^p) with a space (type spacebar in the Replace with
box), then Find/Replace each line break (^l) with a paragraph break
(^p).

(If each of the lines ends with a space before the paragraph mark,
then Replace ^p with nothing at all -- leave the Replace with box
empty.)

Or maybe you hit "Enter" at the end of each line, as if you were using
a typewriter? Don't do that.

On Feb 11, 10:58*am, Kathleen <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line.If
> the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
> it's on the left. How do I remove this?


 
Reply With Quote
 
marysully
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12th Feb 2010
Do you mean the paragraph markers that show up when the show/hide key
(paragraph symbol located on the standard toolbar) is activated. Just click
on that button on the toolbar and the marks will go away. I like using the
paragraph marks when formatting. Also, they never print out.

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

> If they're on _every_ line, then you're probably looking at text
> downloaded from a webpage, and you probably want to remove them so
> that Word can be a proper word processor.
>
> If the actual paragraphs are separated by two (or more) paragraph
> symbols, then use Find/Replace (Ctrl-H) to Find two paragraph marks
> (^p^p) and Replace with something not otherwise used in your document
> (such as line break, ^l [lowercase L]), then Find/Replace every
> paragraph mark (^p) with a space (type spacebar in the Replace with
> box), then Find/Replace each line break (^l) with a paragraph break
> (^p).
>
> (If each of the lines ends with a space before the paragraph mark,
> then Replace ^p with nothing at all -- leave the Replace with box
> empty.)
>
> Or maybe you hit "Enter" at the end of each line, as if you were using
> a typewriter? Don't do that.
>
> On Feb 11, 10:58 am, Kathleen <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> > All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
> > the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
> > it's on the left. How do I remove this?

>
> .
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
New Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
 
      23rd Jan 2011
if you are using MS office 2007 , click Home, you will find the button in paragraph setting area, just click on that button. I hope your problem will be solved.

capital budgeting techniques

Last edited by silent_1; 23rd Jan 2011 at 04:27 PM..
 
Reply With Quote
 
Stefan Blom
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      14th Oct 2011
Have you tried clicking the button as suggested earlier in this thread? If that doesn't work, you will have to display the Options dialog box and clear the "paragraph marks" option.

To display the dialog box: In Word 97-2003, click Tools | Options, View tab. In Word 2007, click Office button | Word Options | Display category. In Word 2010, click File tab | Options | Display.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP



________________________________
"White Oglesby" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

How do remove paragraph symbol from document.

> On Thursday, February 11, 2010 10:58 AM Kathleen wrote:


> All my Word documents are coming up with paragraph symbols on every line. If
> the line has text, the symbol is at the end of the line. If there is no text,
> it is on the left. How do I remove this?



>> On Thursday, February 11, 2010 11:06 AM Graham Mayor wrote:


>> CTRL+SHIFT+8
>> or click the button
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor - Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>



>>> On Thursday, February 11, 2010 11:14 AM caysimpson wrote:


>>> Click on the "Show/Hide" button on your toolbar.
>>>
>>> "Kathleen" wrote:



>>>> On Thursday, February 11, 2010 1:48 PM Peter T. Daniels wrote:


>>>> If they are on _every_ line, then you are probably looking at text
>>>> downloaded from a webpage, and you probably want to remove them so
>>>> that Word can be a proper word processor.
>>>>
>>>> If the actual paragraphs are separated by two (or more) paragraph
>>>> symbols, then use Find/Replace (Ctrl-H) to Find two paragraph marks
>>>> (^p^p) and Replace with something not otherwise used in your document
>>>> (such as line break, ^l [lowercase L]), then Find/Replace every
>>>> paragraph mark (^p) with a space (type spacebar in the Replace with
>>>> box), then Find/Replace each line break (^l) with a paragraph break
>>>> (^p).
>>>>
>>>> (If each of the lines ends with a space before the paragraph mark,
>>>> then Replace ^p with nothing at all -- leave the Replace with box
>>>> empty.)
>>>>
>>>> Or maybe you hit "Enter" at the end of each line, as if you were using
>>>> a typewriter? Don't do that.
>>>>
>>>> wrote:
>>>> If
>>>> ext,



>>>>> On Friday, February 12, 2010 3:56 PM marysully wrote:


>>>>> Do you mean the paragraph markers that show up when the show/hide key
>>>>> (paragraph symbol located on the standard toolbar) is activated. Just click
>>>>> on that button on the toolbar and the marks will go away. I like using the
>>>>> paragraph marks when formatting. Also, they never print out.
>>>>>
>>>>> "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:





 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I get rid of Paragraph symbols and formating symbols in OL =?Utf-8?B?QnVsbGhlYWQ=?= Microsoft Outlook Discussion 8 22nd Apr 2008 12:58 AM
How to remove the paragraph and formatting symbols on the view =?Utf-8?B?TGluZGEgVw==?= Microsoft Word Document Management 6 19th Sep 2006 07:56 PM
Remove paragraph markers? Imported text-Every line a paragraph. =?Utf-8?B?R0JNRA==?= Microsoft Word Document Management 1 20th Jul 2006 05:26 PM
How do I remove paragraph symbols and bullets between words? =?Utf-8?B?S2Vycmk=?= Microsoft Word Document Management 3 15th Jun 2006 02:22 PM
Re: symbols (paragraph - end of line, etc) Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft Word New Users 2 31st Jul 2003 09:54 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:55 AM.