How do I redo a failed Window update

PeterM

      26th Nov 2003
How do I get to re-download a failed update.? When I click on "update",
Windows pretends I don't need any. I just failed to complete a security
update, and it told me that it failed.I think my Zone Alarm stopped the
windows XP update procedure. It stopped a Office update. When I disabled
Zone Alarm, the Office update went nicely. If any of you readers know how to
fix Zone Alarm v.4 so it will allow updates from the MS site, I appreciate
that as well.

=?iso-8859-1?B?UmVu6Q==?=

      26th Nov 2003
PeterM wrote:
> How do I get to re-download a failed update.? When I click on
> "update", Windows pretends I don't need any. I just failed to
> complete a security update, and it told me that it failed.I think my
> Zone Alarm stopped the windows XP update procedure. It stopped a
> Office update. When I disabled Zone Alarm, the Office update went
> nicely. If any of you readers know how to fix Zone Alarm v.4 so it
> will allow updates from the MS site, I appreciate that as well.

For one thing, get rid of ZoneAlarm, or any other software firewall
for that matter, if you don't know how to use them. They are rather
pointless, anyway. For about 40 bucks, you can get a switch/router
with built-in firewall (I recommend the Linksys BEFSR41) that will
serve you much better and it won't bother you with useless
īnformation.

Go there http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.co...n/ossearch.asp
and proceed to fetch your updates.

PeterM

      27th Nov 2003
Thank you Rene (sorry for not being able to produce the accent) I will look
into the Router. I like the idea a lot. I appreciate you a lot for this
help.....Peter

news:QlYwb.12779$P%(E-Mail Removed)...