How do I put two dots over the e in a persons name?

ray

      20th Oct 2008
I would like to Make the Persons name Z O E there are two dots over the
e. I cant find a way to do this on Microsoft 2003. Please Help.
(E-Mail Removed)

Klaus Linke

      20th Oct 2008
"ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I would like to Make the Persons name Z O E there are two dots over
> the e. I cant find a way to do this on Microsoft 2003. Please Help.
> (E-Mail Removed)

You can insert it from the "Insert > Symbol" dialog, if you don't need it
too often.

If you've a US International keyboard layout (set in the Windows Control
Panel), you can also type " followed by E or e.

Or type it in directly using Alt+0203 (Ë), or Alt+0235 (ë).
If that doesn't seem to work, look if the "Num" light on your keyboard is
on... If it isn't, hit the "Num" key below it once.

Or you can type CB into the doc, then Alt+X (ToggleCharacterCode) for "Ë",
type EB then Alt+X for "ë".

Or you can select the character and define your own keyboard shortcut (in
Insert > Symbol) or AutoCorrect entry (in Tools > AutoCorrect options...)

Or define an AutoCorrect specifically to turn Zoe in Zoë...

I guess you'll be able to find something among those options that will work
for you ;-)

Regards,

Klaus

grammatim

      20th Oct 2008
On Oct 20, 5:22*pm, ray <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I would like to Make the Persons name * Z O E * * there are two dots over the
> *e. *I cant find a way to do this on Microsoft 2003. * Please Help.
> (E-Mail Removed)

Type Ctrl-Shift-: e

All the normal Western European accents are typed that way: Ctri+ the
closest-looking keyboard character, release, and type the letter (cap
or small): ' for acute (and the Icelandic crossed-d!), ` for grave, ,
for cedilla, / for crossed-o, ^ for circumflex, : for umlaut, ~ for
tilde (for the last three, remember to shift!)

For less often used items like ae and oe and German double-s, it's the
&; for the Scandinavian a-ring, it's @. The Spanish punctuation marks
are Ctrl-Alt-! or ?.

Klaus Linke

      21st Oct 2008
I just knew I'd overlook a possibility <g>

Klaus

news:(E-Mail Removed)...