How do I put in a "tick" symbol in Word?

=?Utf-8?B?R3Jvb3R5?=

      25th Oct 2004
I'm trying to insert an ordinary "tick" symbol in Word. The closest I can
find is a square root symbol. Can anyone help?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      25th Oct 2004
There are several check marks in the Wingdings and Wingdings 2 fonts.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Grooty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm trying to insert an ordinary "tick" symbol in Word. The closest I can
> find is a square root symbol. Can anyone help?

New Member

      16th Nov 2006
do the following
select insert -> symbol in the microsoft word
then
select the font as a wingdings
from that give the character code has 252
finally you will get the tick mark symbol..

New Member

      16th Nov 2006
do the following
select insert -> symbol in the microsoft word
then
select the font as a wingdings
from that give the character code has 252
finally you will get the tick mark symbol..

New Member
Location: London/Essex

      9th Oct 2009
Please see tick symbol below, Copy and paste into your document.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards
Harry Berry

www.warp9webhosting.co.uk
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

jic jic is offline
New Member

      12th Jan 2011
thank u so much !
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugal0806
do the following
select insert -> symbol in the microsoft word
then
select the font as a wingdings
from that give the character code has 252
finally you will get the tick mark symbol..

New Member

      4th Feb 2012
Choose a font such as arial and insert the square root symbol.
Highlight the symbol and change the font so you get the tick you want.
Try fonts such as
MS Mincho ✓ consolasLucida handwriting √
Agency FB

New Member

      23rd Feb 2012
Change Font to Wingdngs 2
Shift P for a Tick
Shift O for a cross

New Member

      18th Oct 2012
Follow these steps:
open microsoft word
then click insert from drop down menu
then click symbols
then click more symbols
then enter font as MS PGothic and subset as Dingbats
then you should see tick symbol

New Member

      17th Nov 2012
Choose the font 'Wingdings 2', hold down the shift key and press P. That gives a nice tick (check mark).