How do I put a dot (diacritical) under the H and under the T?

=?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWU=?=

      21st May 2006
I'm typing a ms for my dissertation and I need to put a dot under the H and
under the T. How do I do that? Those dont' appear in symbols.

Thanks.

Julie

macropod

      21st May 2006
Hi Julie,

You could do this by playing around with the character spacing & positioning
under Format|Font|Character Spacing, adjusting both the dot and the letter.

Alternatively, you could use a pair of ADVANCE fields, coded like:
{ADVANCE \d3}.{ADVANCE \l6 \u3}H
or
H{ADVANCE \l6 \d3}.{ADVANCE r\3 \u3}
The ADVANCE field braces (i.e. { }) are created in pairs via Ctrl-F9.

Cheers

"Julie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm typing a ms for my dissertation and I need to put a dot under the H

and
> under the T. How do I do that? Those dont' appear in symbols.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Julie

Jezebel

      21st May 2006
EQ fields will do it --

{ eq \o (T,.) }

You'll need to apply character formatting to the T and period: use Format >
Font : character spacing tab to raise the T and/or lower the period.

"Julie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm typing a ms for my dissertation and I need to put a dot under the H
> and
> under the T. How do I do that? Those dont' appear in symbols.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Julie

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      21st May 2006
If you can use the Arial Unicode MS font, you can find these characters in
the Latin Extended Additional character subset (U1E24 and U1E6C).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)