How do I prevent a group conversation

russ@beinder.com

      5th Nov 2007
My daugther wants access to instant messenger, but I am concerned that
her friends could invite her to conversations with people that are not
in her contact list. Is there any way to control a multi-way
conversation?

Rod

      5th Nov 2007

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My daugther wants access to instant messenger, but I am concerned that
> her friends could invite her to conversations with people that are not
> in her contact list. Is there any way to control a multi-way
> conversation?

I have a 13yo
and welcome replies to this as well,
It seems a bit quiet around here
hope you get a reply.
Rodney

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

      6th Nov 2007
Greetings,

Sure is. Using the Windows Live Family Safety tools, you can restrict their contact list so
they can only talk to people you've allowed -- that includes multiparty conversations.

Anyone attempting to add people to conversations that aren't on that list will be denied.

You can sign up as a parent and set things up here:
http://fss.live.com

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My daugther wants access to instant messenger, but I am concerned that
> her friends could invite her to conversations with people that are not
> in her contact list. Is there any way to control a multi-way
> conversation?

russ@beinder.com

      11th Nov 2007
On Nov 5, 5:51 pm, "Jonathan Kay [MVP]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Sure is. Using the Windows Live Family Safety tools, you can restrict their contact list so
> they can only talk to people you've allowed -- that includes multiparty conversations.
>
> Anyone attempting to add people to conversations that aren't on that list will be denied.
>
> You can sign up as a parent and set things up here:http://fss.live.com
>
> --
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> Associate Experthttp://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
> Messenger Resources -http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2007 Jonathan Kay.
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > My daugther wants access to instant messenger, but I am concerned that
> > her friends could invite her to conversations with people that are not
> > in her contact list. Is there any way to control a multi-way
> > conversation?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks. This has certainly put me on the right track. However, I am
having some problems. When I go to this address I get the following
error: "Additional information is needed for this Windows Live account
before you can add this person to Family Safety." I have tried
numerous things with no luck. I had to change my daughter's location
to the United States just to get the requirement for parental
permission. I have done the same with my account, but still no luck.

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

      12th Nov 2007
Hi,

Yes, you have to the following fields in registered information filled in for it to make the
service available to you. I have no idea why they don't make this clear on the site:
First name, last name, birth date, industry, occupation, job title, children, and the home
location address info.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2007 Jonathan Kay.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks. This has certainly put me on the right track. However, I am
> having some problems. When I go to this address I get the following
> error: "Additional information is needed for this Windows Live account
> before you can add this person to Family Safety." I have tried
> numerous things with no luck. I had to change my daughter's location
> to the United States just to get the requirement for parental
> permission. I have done the same with my account, but still no luck.

spwlsl

      23rd Feb 2008
I have checked about 5 times that each of these :
First name
last name
birth date
industry
occupation
job title,
children
home location address info

is completed and I still get the "Additional information is needed for
this Windows Live account before you can add this person to Family
Safety.".

My wife can get into the Family Safety account but I can't !

Any more ideas ?

Thanks

Steve

--