How do i place a 'tick' in Excel?

=?Utf-8?B?bHI5Nzc=?=

      21st Oct 2004
As in Word, is it is possible to Insert/Symbol and place a "tick mark" in
Excel? I have seen it in an Excel spreadsheet, but no-one seems to be able to
explain how.

Jim Rech

      21st Oct 2004
You can use Insert, Symbol in Excel 2002 and 2003. Also perhaps you can
find the character you want in the Windows Character Map accessory. Also an
"a" in the Marlett font appears as a check mark.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"lr977" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| As in Word, is it is possible to Insert/Symbol and place a "tick mark" in
| Excel? I have seen it in an Excel spreadsheet, but no-one seems to be able
| explain how.

=?Utf-8?B?bHI5Nzc=?=

      21st Oct 2004
Thanks Jim. Using v2000, but Windows character map helped.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

> You can use Insert, Symbol in Excel 2002 and 2003. Also perhaps you can
> find the character you want in the Windows Character Map accessory. Also an
> "a" in the Marlett font appears as a check mark.
>
> --
> Jim Rech
> Excel MVP
> "lr977" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | As in Word, is it is possible to Insert/Symbol and place a "tick mark" in
> | Excel? I have seen it in an Excel spreadsheet, but no-one seems to be able
> | explain how.

Dave Peterson

      21st Oct 2004
Chip Pearson has an addin you can use.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm
(look for Symbolizer and make sure you get the correct version)

And you didn't ask, but if you need to know what's in the cell, get another nice
addin from Chip:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm

--

Dave Peterson
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

New Member

      4th Mar 2008
go to insert, symbols change the font to Wingdings 2 and select the tick

New Member

      8th May 2009
Hello All,
I tried the suggestion MARLETT followed by "a" ALPHABET.
Amazing!
I was so happy ! thank you for this forum...
hope to contribute soon,

Cheers
Su

New Member

      7th Dec 2009
Thank You very much guys...this helped ....was able to place a tick in Word...cool...Cheers

New Member

      27th Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by weets View Post
go to insert, symbols change the font to Wingdings 2 and select the tick
There is even an easier way to enter tick mark in Excel. Change the FONT format of the cells in which you will be entering the tick marks to Windings 2. Then by typing Shift P in these cells will appear as tick marks.