Do not have permission to use mdb object!

lynxee

      27th Sep 2004
I've been cleaning up all the mdb,mdw password and has
clear off the ADMIN password.

The rest mdb file i am able to open except my blog.mdb
file where it keep prompting me a message "You do not have
necessary permission to use 'c:/JOB/blog.mdb' object.
Have your system administrator or the person who created
this object establish the appropriate permissions for you."

Please assist.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
lyn.

'69 Camaro

      27th Sep 2004
Hi, Lyn.

If your intent was to remove all user-level security that you previously
applied, then you'll need to give the Admin user Open/Run Database
permission in order to open the Blog.MDB database.

If your intent was to keep this database secure, but not apply user-level
security on the other databases, then you'll need to join the workgroup that
was used to secure the Blog.MDB database, give the Admin user a password
again, then rejoin the default workgroup, then create a shortcut that opens
the Blog.MDB database with the appropriate workgroup. Then, you could just
use the shortcut to open the Blog.MDB database, and you'll be prompted for
your User ID and password, but never be bothered with the User ID and
password when opening the other databases.

HTH.

Gunny

See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips.

(Please remove ZERO_SPAM from my reply E-mail address, so that a message
will be forwarded to me.)

"lynxee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:282201c4a45c$3bb0de50$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've been cleaning up all the mdb,mdw password and has
> clear off the ADMIN password.
>
> The rest mdb file i am able to open except my blog.mdb
> file where it keep prompting me a message "You do not have
> necessary permission to use 'c:/JOB/blog.mdb' object.
> Have your system administrator or the person who created
> this object establish the appropriate permissions for you."
>
> Please assist.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards
> lyn.

Terje

      8th Oct 2004
I have the same problem. Can somebody help me?

Joan Wild

      8th Oct 2004
Terje wrote:
> I have the same problem. Can somebody help me?

Simply clearing the Admin password, doesn't remove security; it only
prevents the login prompt from popping up. This means you are silently
logged in as 'Admin', and it's likely that this user doesn't have permission
to open the mdb.

To remove security properly...
1. put a password back on the Admin user
2. close Access and reopen your database using the proper mdw and logging in
as a member of the Admins group.
3. Give full permissions on all objects to the Users Group.
4. Close Access and reopen it using the standard system.mdw (no login)
5. Create a new mdb and import all objects from your mdb.

This new mdb will be unsecured.

--
Joan Wild
Microsoft Access MVP

lynxee

      12th Oct 2004
Thanks '69 Camaro and joan wild. Luckily i haven't
deleted the mdw file. Now the file is fully recovered. I
never think of rejoin the work group previously.

Appreciate your help so much.

Rgds
Lyn.