How do I move 'My Music' to another drive?

The Old Timer

      5th Aug 2006
How do I move 'My Music' to another drive?
--
Thanks in advance

Stubbo_of_Oz

      5th Aug 2006
On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 13:55:14 +0800, The Old Timer
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How do I move 'My Music' to another drive?

Download TweakUI for XP from:-

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

After you install and run it, open the "My Computer" item and click on
"Special Folder"

In the "Folder" box, select "My Music" then click on "Change Location"

--
Stubbo of Oz
Central Coast, NSW, Australia

The Old Timer

      6th Aug 2006
Stubbo_of_Oz wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 13:55:14 +0800, The Old Timer
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> How do I move 'My Music' to another drive?

> Download TweakUI for XP from:-
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
>
> After you install and run it, open the "My Computer" item and click on
> "Special Folder"
>
> In the "Folder" box, select "My Music" then click on "Change Location"

I have downloaded the tweak file you suggested & when I ran it it said
that it was already installed. Since I could not see where it was I
reinstalled it again but still can't see it listed under programs.
Where else might it be hiding?

--
Thanks in advance

Ricky

      6th Aug 2006

"The Old Timer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Stubbo_of_Oz wrote:
>> On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 13:55:14 +0800, The Old Timer
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> How do I move 'My Music' to another drive?

>> Download TweakUI for XP from:-
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
>>
>> After you install and run it, open the "My Computer" item and click on
>> "Special Folder"
>>
>> In the "Folder" box, select "My Music" then click on "Change Location"
>>

> I have downloaded the tweak file you suggested & when I ran it it said
> that it was already installed. Since I could not see where it was I
> reinstalled it again but still can't see it listed under programs. Where
> else might it be hiding?
>
> --
> Thanks in advance

Start..programs..Power Toys for Windows XP.

Stubbo_of_Oz

      6th Aug 2006
On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 23:04:55 -0500, "Ricky"
<rsjoiner@NO_SPAMbellsouth.net> wrote:

>"The Old Timer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Stubbo_of_Oz wrote:

>>> Download TweakUI for XP from:-
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
>>>
>>> After you install and run it, open the "My Computer" item and click on
>>> "Special Folder"
>>>
>>> In the "Folder" box, select "My Music" then click on "Change Location"
>>>

>> I have downloaded the tweak file you suggested & when I ran it it said
>> that it was already installed. Since I could not see where it was I
>> reinstalled it again but still can't see it listed under programs. Where
>> else might it be hiding?
>>
>> --
>> Thanks in advance

>Start..programs..Power Toys for Windows XP.

And if you can't find that, my TweakUI resides here:-

C:\WINDOWS\system32\TweakUI.exe