How do I make a slide show fit the entire screen on a wide screen

Marv Duncan

      18th Jul 2009
Well, that;s cool! With my page setup set to 10 X 16 (or any other value), in
the Slide Show -> Resolution: menu, the only choices I have are:

640 x 480
800 x 600
1024 x 768
1280 x 720
1280 x 768
1162 x 864
1280 x 960
1280 x 1024
Use Current Resolution

It doesn't seem to me that Resolution should have anything to do with the
page setup or importing the pictures - only in the display. I still don't
know why Page Setup defaults back to 4 X 3 format when the Photo Album is
inserted. That just doesn't make sense and sure looks to me like a bug.
What?!? A bug in a Microsoft program. Okay, I'll bite my tongue.

"t-4-2" wrote:

> I use 2007 version as well. I do have 1280 X 800 resolution available. Why
> not yours ?
> Click Slide Show > look for RESOLUTION on far right .........
> Did you click the POINTER which is at the right side of a rectangular box.
> If you see the word Resolution, the box is next to it.
> This is the list offered after I've clicked the pointer :
> 640 X 480
> 800 X 600
> 1280 X 600
> 1024 X 768
> 1280 X 720
> 1280 X 768
> 1280 X 800
>
> t-4-2
>
> "Marv Duncan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > Well, first of all, I can select 10 X 16 as the page format. I also select
> > "Fit To Slide" in the Picture Layout pane. the Slide Show Resolution DOES
> > NOT
> > provide the choice of 1280 X 800 or any other 10 X 16 format. All of the
> > choices there are 4 X 3 format. And that is the main issue. No matter what
> > set, when I insert the photo album, the program defaults the page layout
> > to 4
> > X 3 format.
> >
> > "t-4-2" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you tried : ( I am a 2 weeks old beginner )
> >> 1. Insert > Photo Album > under Picture layout, set it as " Fit to slide
> >> "
> >> ?
> >> 2. Slide Show > Resolution > click the top pointer and select 1280 X 800
> >> from the drop down box ?
> >>
> >> t-4-2
> >>

> >> "Marv Duncan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Echo S

      18th Jul 2009
It's because when you insert a new photo album, PPT starts it on the default
template. And that is (usually) 4 x 3.

Don't Miss the PPTLive User Conference! Atlanta | Oct 11-14