How do I insert a square symbol in word document?

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZTExMDM=?=

      21st Dec 2004
I want to state certain facts in both square metres and cubic metres. I type
3m3 and 5m2 but I want the last 3 and 2 respectively show up in document the
same way as footnote numbers do.

=?Utf-8?B?dGp0amp0anQ=?=

      21st Dec 2004
Here are two ways
(Word 2003) keyboard shortcut--Select the number to superscript:
Ctrl+Shift+=

You could also add the Superscript button to a Toolbar. Tools | Customize.
Click on the Commands Tab and look in the Format Category. Find Superscript
and drag it onto a toolbar.

tj

"Mike1103" wrote:

> I want to state certain facts in both square metres and cubic metres. I type
> 3m3 and 5m2 but I want the last 3 and 2 respectively show up in document the
> same way as footnote numbers do.

=?Utf-8?B?VmljdG9yX2FsYg==?=

      21st Dec 2004
Mike

First select the cube and square and then click Format/Font/Superscript.

Victor

"Mike1103" wrote:

> I want to state certain facts in both square metres and cubic metres. I type
> 3m3 and 5m2 but I want the last 3 and 2 respectively show up in document the
> same way as footnote numbers do.

Chuck Davis

      21st Dec 2004

Word 2003 already has the superscrip and subscript icons,
click on the little down arrow on the taskbar at the right
of the icons, and choose Formatting and then scroll down
to Supersript and click on it.

Klaus Linke

      21st Dec 2004
Hi Mike,

You can also insert them as special symbols .

The built-in shortcuts are Alt+Ctrl+2 and Alt+Ctrl+3 on my keyboard.
Yours might be different.

The character codes -- Alt+0178 and Alt+0179 -- work on any keyboard.

Regards,
Klaus

=?Utf-8?B?dGp0amp0anQ=?=

      21st Dec 2004
I show my toolbars on top of each other and am aware of the buttons
presence-was giving the OP the benefit of the doubt the he or she would see
the button if it was there and therfore not using 2003).
I mentioned the version because I wasn't 100% sure the keyboard shortcut
would match--at least one of them switched in 2003. ALT+Click no longer
selects a Table column, for instance.

tj

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

> [...]

New Member

      25th Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus Linke View Post
Hi Mike,

You can also insert them as special symbols .

The built-in shortcuts are Alt+Ctrl+2 and Alt+Ctrl+3 on my keyboard.
Yours might be different.

The character codes -- Alt+0178 and Alt+0179 -- work on any keyboard.

Regards,
Klaus

To Klaus, Thank you, thank you, thank you. What a great help this is to me! Maree

New Member

      6th Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZTExMDM=?= View Post
I want to state certain facts in both square metres and cubic metres. I type
3m3 and 5m2 but I want the last 3 and 2 respectively show up in document the
same way as footnote numbers do.
ctrl and shift and +