How do I insert a hyperlink using Notepad?

=?Utf-8?B?Y2xhbGxpc29u?=

      30th Sep 2005
I need to know how to select a file from My Documents and open it in Notepad
then insert a hyperlink, but I don't know how to do it and I can't find out
how! So if someone could please help me I would appreciate it!

Galen

      30th Sep 2005
In news:(E-Mail Removed),
clallison <(E-Mail Removed)> had this to say:

> I need to know how to select a file from My Documents and open it in
> Notepad then insert a hyperlink, but I don't know how to do it and I
> can't find out how! So if someone could please help me I would
> appreciate it!

Notepad is a plain text editor, you can paste or type any hyperlink you want
into it and it will be nothing but text still. You can try a million ways, a
thousand times, and it will still be nothing but text. If you want to open a
..doc file, not a .txt file and insert a hyperlink then you will want
something like Word (which this group is for) or another document editor.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

the_verminator@comcast.net

      30th Sep 2005

Galen wrote:
> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> clallison <(E-Mail Removed)> had this to say:

> > I need to know how to select a file from My Documents and open it in
> > Notepad then insert a hyperlink, but I don't know how to do it and I
> > can't find out how! So if someone could please help me I would
> > appreciate it!

> Notepad is a plain text editor, you can paste or type any hyperlink you want
> into it and it will be nothing but text still. You can try a million ways, a
> thousand times, and it will still be nothing but text. If you want to open a
> .doc file, not a .txt file and insert a hyperlink then you will want
> something like Word (which this group is for) or another document editor.
>
> Galen

Unless, of course, it is saved as a text type file with an ".htm"
extension.

--
Vernon Hurt
The Verminator

Galen

      30th Sep 2005
In news:(E-Mail Removed),
(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> had this to say:

> Galen wrote:
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>> clallison <(E-Mail Removed)> had this to say:

>>> I need to know how to select a file from My Documents and open it in
>>> Notepad then insert a hyperlink, but I don't know how to do it and I
>>> can't find out how! So if someone could please help me I would
>>> appreciate it!

>> Notepad is a plain text editor, you can paste or type any hyperlink
>> you want into it and it will be nothing but text still. You can try
>> a million ways, a thousand times, and it will still be nothing but
>> text. If you want to open a .doc file, not a .txt file and insert a
>> hyperlink then you will want something like Word (which this group
>> is for) or another document editor.
>>
>> Galen

> Unless, of course, it is saved as a text type file with an ".htm"
> extension.

<g> Sad but true is that I still do most of my markup, web-based scripting,
and occasionally VBScript in notepad. So, I suppose you *can* do so if you
really want but, and I admit that I do it in the most silly way, but it's a
rather long process for someone who's got to ask. Start > run > type
"notepad" without the quotes > press CTRL + O to open a file > navigate to
the file you want to open > then... depending on the language... insert your
hyperlink. For something like hypertext the input would be <a
href="http://www.domain.com">http://www.domain.com (or text)</a> or just
creating a new document, adding the tags, and saving it as "any file" with
the .htm or .html extension would work.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes