how do I increase the cursor speed in Word 2007?

haywired

      9th Dec 2008

Herb Tyson [MVP]

      9th Dec 2008
This is done from Windows itself, not from Word. In the Control Panel, click
on Keyboard. Cursor speed is controlled using the Speed tab. For fastest
response, set Repeat Delay to Short and set Repeat rate to Fast.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"haywired" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

haywired

      9th Dec 2008
Thanks. I already tried that, but only in Word do I experience a sluggish
cursor. The other apps are ok.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

> This is done from Windows itself, not from Word. In the Control Panel, click
> on Keyboard. Cursor speed is controlled using the Speed tab. For fastest
> response, set Repeat Delay to Short and set Repeat rate to Fast.
>
> --
> Herb Tyson MS MVP
> Author of the Word 2007 Bible
> Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
> Web: http://www.herbtyson.com
>

> "haywired" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Herb Tyson [MVP]

      9th Dec 2008

There is no independent cursor control for Word 2007. If it's sluggish, that
would be a sign that something else is eating up the CPU. You might look at
the task manager and see what's gobbling up CPU cycles. In my experience, if
you don't have at least 4GB of ram, Office 2007 is going to be sluggish.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"haywired" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks. I already tried that, but only in Word do I experience a sluggish
> cursor. The other apps are ok.
>
> "Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> This is done from Windows itself, not from Word. In the Control Panel,
>> click
>> on Keyboard. Cursor speed is controlled using the Speed tab. For fastest
>> response, set Repeat Delay to Short and set Repeat rate to Fast.
>>
>> --
>> Herb Tyson MS MVP
>> Author of the Word 2007 Bible
>> Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
>> Web: http://www.herbtyson.com
>>

>> "haywired" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

gochief

      18th Dec 2008
There's a serious problem with cursor slowdown when Track Changes is turned
on and the ribbon is up. See the posts on this by searching the knowledge
base for "Slow".