How do I get rid of striked-out items in my inbox?

Rui de Bogas

      14th Aug 2009
I don't know what happened to my outlook inbox page but recently all my
deleted items have returned and are shown with a strike through them and I
can't get rid of them, question is how can I get rid of them

Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]

      14th Aug 2009

If it's an IMAP account, click Edit/Remove deleted messages (or something
similar).

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

: Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool
: VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting
: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en>

Am Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:48:02 -0700 schrieb Rui de Bogas:

> I don't know what happened to my outlook inbox page but recently all my
> deleted items have returned and are shown with a strike through them and I
> can't get rid of them, question is how can I get rid of them

VanguardLH

      15th Aug 2009
Rui de Bogas wrote:

> I don't know what happened to my outlook inbox page but recently all my
> deleted items have returned and are shown with a strike through them and I
> can't get rid of them, question is how can I get rid of them

You forgot to mention you are using an IMAP account type in Outlook.
That's how deletion works in IMAP. The local item is eligible for
deletion but it doesn't get deleted on the server until the next mail
poll or whenever you sync Outlook with your account. IMAP is to keep
your local e-mail client and your mailbox in sync. The strikethrough
shows that you deleted the local copy and have yet to delete the server
copy.

You can either wait until the next mail poll or use the Purge to do a
sync now.