How do I get required translator to import addresses?

=?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=

      10th Jul 2006
I am trying to import my address book from an excel worksheet to outlook, but
it says I do not have the required translator. When I try to install the
translator it says "the feature you are trying to use is on a network
resource that is unavailable". Please help!

Brian Tillman

      10th Jul 2006
Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am trying to import my address book from an excel worksheet to
> outlook, but it says I do not have the required translator. When I
> try to install the translator it says "the feature you are trying to
> use is on a network resource that is unavailable". Please help!

You seem to have installed Outlook from a network drive when you installed
Outlook originally. You must be connected to that network drive in order to
install the missing importer.
--
Brian Tillman

=?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=

      10th Jul 2006
Hi Brian,
Thanks for replying. I think that Outlook was already installed on my
computer when I bought it. Any ideas on how I can find the network resource.
I appreciate your help with this.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to import my address book from an excel worksheet to
> > outlook, but it says I do not have the required translator. When I
> > try to install the translator it says "the feature you are trying to
> > use is on a network resource that is unavailable". Please help!

> You seem to have installed Outlook from a network drive when you installed
> Outlook originally. You must be connected to that network drive in order to
> install the missing importer.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Brian Tillman

      11th Jul 2006
Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Thanks for replying. I think that Outlook was already installed on my
> computer when I bought it. Any ideas on how I can find the network
> resource. I appreciate your help with this.

Your PC vendor owes you some method of reinstalling all the software they
installed at the factory. Mine, for example, came with installation CDs
that I could use to reinstall everything if I choose. Look through the
material you received with your PC for any installation disks. That won't
supply a "network resource": because only by connecting to the network used
when the software was installed will you gain access to the original network
resource. You may have to uninstall and reinstall using your CDs, if any.
If you don't have the CDs, complain to your PC vendor.
--
Brian Tillman