how do i get permission to change files in Outlook? (i am the ad

=?Utf-8?B?V2Vu?=

      29th Jul 2006
i am trying to download my email data that i preserved before shutting down
the old computer. and i keep getting a message that says: "you do not have
permission to access these file" and i am the administrator of the computer.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      29th Jul 2006
Preserved how?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Wen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i am trying to download my email data that i preserved before shutting down
> the old computer. and i keep getting a message that says: "you do not have
> permission to access these file" and i am the administrator of the computer.

=?Utf-8?B?V2Vu?=

      29th Jul 2006
preserved on a cd which i inserted and pointed to via the "browse " button.

"Wen" wrote:

> i am trying to download my email data that i preserved before shutting down
> the old computer. and i keep getting a message that says: "you do not have
> permission to access these file" and i am the administrator of the computer.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      29th Jul 2006
Copy the .pst file from the CD to your hard drive. Turn off the read-only flag for the hard drive copy. Then open it with Outlook.