How do I freeze panes horizontally and vertically at same time

=?Utf-8?B?Qlc=?=

      31st Aug 2006
I would like to be able to freeze panes, such as headers, horizontally, as
well as freezing panes in a column, such as listing of names.

=?Utf-8?B?U2xvdGg=?=

      31st Aug 2006
when you freeze panes the rows above, and the columns left of the selected
cell are frozen. So to freeze columns A-B and rows 1-3 select C4 and then
select window->freeze panes.

"BW" wrote:

> I would like to be able to freeze panes, such as headers, horizontally, as
> well as freezing panes in a column, such as listing of names.

Pete_UK

      31st Aug 2006
If you place the cursor in cell B2 then Window | Freeze Panes you will
find the top row and column A will be "frozen" as you scroll around the
sheet. Try it with C2 selected - this will fix A and B in place as well
as the top row, i.e. all rows above and all columns to the left of the
cell you select when doing Window | Freeze Panes will be frozen on
screen.

Hope this helps.

Pete

BW wrote:
> I would like to be able to freeze panes, such as headers, horizontally, as
> well as freezing panes in a column, such as listing of names.

Leo Ibrahim Shb

      27th Aug 2008

"Pete_UK" wrote:

> If you place the cursor in cell B2 then Window | Freeze Panes you will
> find the top row and column A will be "frozen" as you scroll around the
> sheet. Try it with C2 selected - this will fix A and B in place as well
> as the top row, i.e. all rows above and all columns to the left of the
> cell you select when doing Window | Freeze Panes will be frozen on
> screen.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete
>
> BW wrote:
> > I would like to be able to freeze panes, such as headers, horizontally, as
> > well as freezing panes in a column, such as listing of names.

This is not work on Excel 2007.
Please help me.

Mike Kaufman

      1st Oct 2008

"Leo Ibrahim Shb" wrote:

> "Pete_UK" wrote:
>
> > If you place the cursor in cell B2 then Window | Freeze Panes you will
> > find the top row and column A will be "frozen" as you scroll around the
> > sheet. Try it with C2 selected - this will fix A and B in place as well
> > as the top row, i.e. all rows above and all columns to the left of the
> > cell you select when doing Window | Freeze Panes will be frozen on
> > screen.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Pete
> >
> > BW wrote:
> > > I would like to be able to freeze panes, such as headers, horizontally, as
> > > well as freezing panes in a column, such as listing of names.

> This is not work on Excel 2007.
> Please help me.

1) Click on the Freeze Panes button and select "Unfreeze Panes".

2) Click on the cell below and to the right of the row and column you want
to freeze, cell B2 for example.

3) Click on the Freeze Panes button and select "Freeze Panes".

These options are toggle switches, and you cannot select Freeze Row and
Freeze Column independently. Selecting one turns off the other. And if you
have freezing set for any cell, you have to turn it off before you can freeze
rows and columns at the same time.

Dana Lewis

      27th Oct 2008
I don't have a Freeze Panes option under the button Freeze Panes. All I see
is Unfreeze Panes, Freeze Top Row, and Freeze First Column.

Dana

"Mike Kaufman" wrote:

> "Leo Ibrahim Shb" wrote:
>

> > "Pete_UK" wrote:
> >
> > > If you place the cursor in cell B2 then Window | Freeze Panes you will
> > > find the top row and column A will be "frozen" as you scroll around the
> > > sheet. Try it with C2 selected - this will fix A and B in place as well
> > > as the top row, i.e. all rows above and all columns to the left of the
> > > cell you select when doing Window | Freeze Panes will be frozen on
> > > screen.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps.
> > >
> > > Pete

> > This is not work on Excel 2007.
> > Please help me.

> 1) Click on the Freeze Panes button and select "Unfreeze Panes".
>
> 2) Click on the cell below and to the right of the row and column you want
> to freeze, cell B2 for example.
>
> 3) Click on the Freeze Panes button and select "Freeze Panes".
>
> These options are toggle switches, and you cannot select Freeze Row and
> Freeze Column independently. Selecting one turns off the other. And if you
> have freezing set for any cell, you have to turn it off before you can freeze
> rows and columns at the same time.

Mike Kaufman

      27th Oct 2008
Read my response again. You overlooked something rather important.

"Dana Lewis" wrote:

> I don't have a Freeze Panes option under the button Freeze Panes. All I see
> is Unfreeze Panes, Freeze Top Row, and Freeze First Column.
>
> Dana
>
> "Mike Kaufman" wrote:

> > > This is not work on Excel 2007.
> > > Please help me.

> > 1) Click on the Freeze Panes button and select "Unfreeze Panes".
> >
> > 2) Click on the cell below and to the right of the row and column you want
> > to freeze, cell B2 for example.
> >
> > 3) Click on the Freeze Panes button and select "Freeze Panes".
> >
> > These options are toggle switches, and you cannot select Freeze Row and
> > Freeze Column independently. Selecting one turns off the other. And if you
> > have freezing set for any cell, you have to turn it off before you can freeze
> > rows and columns at the same time.

Narusha

      17th Dec 2008
Mike is saying:

1) Click on the Freeze Panes button and select "Unfreeze Panes".

First you have to unfreeze your panes (they have been frozen when you tried
to freeze them), and then you can continue with Mike's step 2 & 3

Thanks Mike, you helped me a lot!

Groeten, Narusha

"Mike Kaufman" wrote:

> Read my response again. You overlooked something rather important.
>
> "Dana Lewis" wrote:
>
> > I don't have a Freeze Panes option under the button Freeze Panes. All I see
> > is Unfreeze Panes, Freeze Top Row, and Freeze First Column.
> >
> > Dana

> > > 1) Click on the Freeze Panes button and select "Unfreeze Panes".
> > >
> > > 2) Click on the cell below and to the right of the row and column you want
> > > to freeze, cell B2 for example.
> > >
> > > 3) Click on the Freeze Panes button and select "Freeze Panes".
> > >
> > > These options are toggle switches, and you cannot select Freeze Row and
> > > Freeze Column independently. Selecting one turns off the other. And if you
> > > have freezing set for any cell, you have to turn it off before you can freeze
> > > rows and columns at the same time.

Darlene

      24th Mar 2009
the options in 2007 are difference from 2003...2003 will allow you to chose a
column of cell...
2007 only gives you 3 options:
1-freeze top column
2-freeze first column
3-unfreeze

does anyone know 2007 freeze frame, additional options for freezing the
second column from the top?
Darlene

Jon Peltier

      27th Mar 2009
On the View tab, find the Freeze Panes dropdown (in the Windows group). The
first option, Freeze Panes, freezes the rows above the active cell and the
columns to the left of the active cell.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP