How do I fix: Can't open set of folders. Store not configured.

Fairlight

      22nd Dec 2007
When starting Outlook receive msg: Business Contact Manager for Outlook could
not connect to the shared database. Do you wnat to work offline. (no)

Then when in Outlook and click on Business Contact Manager or Accounts in
BCM, the following message appears: The set of folders cannot be opened.
Store not configured.

I'm afraid I may have deleted something to cause this. SQL, MSSQL$MSMLBIZ is
started.

Would appreciate any assistance.

Fairlight

      22nd Dec 2007
Here's a copy of my reply to the person that provided the tip for the fix:

When opening Outlook I would receive the message: BCM for Outllook could not
connect to the shared database. Do you want to work offline? Outlook then
opened just fine and when I clicked on BCM this message appeared: The set of
folders cannot be opened. Store not configured.

It's been like that for a couple of weeks now.

I posted a message tonight, 12-21-07, after exhausting numerous avenues (and
myself) in an attempt to reconnect to the BCM. Then I found your message,
which provided some very simple steps I had not tried, and in about a minute
and a half my problem was fixed!

I had changed the name of my computer and so the BCM just did not know where
to look for the data any longer. Following your advice, I went to File, Data
File Management, Data Files, and BCM. Typed in the new computer name and all
was well once again. That was all it needed; what a simple fix!

"Fairlight" wrote:

> When starting Outlook receive msg: Business Contact Manager for Outlook could
> not connect to the shared database. Do you wnat to work offline. (no)
>
> Then when in Outlook and click on Business Contact Manager or Accounts in
> BCM, the following message appears: The set of folders cannot be opened.
> Store not configured.
>
> I'm afraid I may have deleted something to cause this. SQL, MSSQL$MSMLBIZ is
> started.
>
> Would appreciate any assistance.

ricochetdave@gmail.com

      13th Jul 2012