How do I find a template to type up 3 X 5 index cards?

SeaSun79

      9th Feb 2009
I am typing up "Work History Cards" or an assignment for school. Instead of
hand writing each card, I would like to type them out. How can I do that on
word and print them out to fit 3 X 5 cards. Would like to have several on a
page so I am not printing out whole sheets of paper with only one item on it.
HELP!! Thanks!

Jay Freedman

      9th Feb 2009
SeaSun79 wrote:
> I am typing up "Work History Cards" or an assignment for school.
> Instead of hand writing each card, I would like to type them out.
> How can I do that on word and print them out to fit 3 X 5 cards.
> Would like to have several on a page so I am not printing out whole
> sheets of paper with only one item on it. HELP!! Thanks!

Word handles them as a type of label. Go to Tools > Letters & Mailings >
Envelopes & Labels > Labels. Click the Options button. Choose "Laser and ink
jet", "Avery standard", and "5388 - Index card", then click OK. Now click
the New Document button to make a document containing a table with three
cells, each 3" x 5" (if you don't see the edges of the cards, click Table >
Show Gridlines). Save that document as a template (.dot file) with a name
such as 3x5.dot, and make new documents from it when you need index cards.

Tab from card to card. When you tab from the last card, Word will make a new
one for you.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman