How do I find the LAN ID of my PC?

John Bennett

      14th Jan 2004
I need to know the LAN id of my PC. I think there is a DOS
comand I can use to find this but i can't remember what it
is!

Herb Martin

      14th Jan 2004
"John Bennett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:080f01c3da89$52dce990$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I need to know the LAN id of my PC. I think there is a DOS
> comand I can use to find this but i can't remember what it
> is!

What do you mean by the LAN ID?

Chance are that "IPConfig /all" will do what you want but the term you
used is not the common way of saying it.

IF you run TCP/IP which most people do these days, then IPConfig /ALL
will show both your IP address AND your MAC (hardware NIC) address.

NetSh.exe is much more complicated to use but it can also give you this
information.

--
Herb Martin