How do I do the math symbol for "mean of x" (x with line above)?

Amyamy321

      14th Aug 2008
Hi, I am writing some mathematical formulae on Word and am desperately trying
to find the symbol that means "mean of x values"- it's basically a letter x
with a horizontal line above it! Any help much appreciated, Thank-you.

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

      14th Aug 2008
Hi Amy,

What version of Word are you using and which method for building the equations?

In Word 2007 Insert=>Equation (or Alt=) then type
\overbar
then type a space, then type x, then type a space

If you're using an earlier version or the Word EQuation field (EQ)
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP