How do I delete "Recent Documents" in Word 2007?

LesHart51

      22nd Dec 2008
I just want to know how to Delete the "Recent Documents" in Word 2007, that
appear when I click-on the "Microsoft Office Button".

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

      22nd Dec 2008
Click on the Office (Pizza) button and then on Word Options in the bottom
border and then on Advanced and go to the Display section of the dialog and
set "Show this number of Recent Documents" to 0.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"LesHart51" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just want to know how to Delete the "Recent Documents" in Word 2007, that
> appear when I click-on the "Microsoft Office Button".

Graham Mayor

      22nd Dec 2008
The list is stored in the registry at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12\Word\FileMRU, from where you
can delete individual entries
or
You can use the following macro which will reset the list to your preset
preferred number of displayed documents:

Sub ClearMRU
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
listsize = RecentFiles.Maximum
RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
RecentFiles.Maximum = listsize
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
or to edit the list see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

LesHart51 wrote:
> I just want to know how to Delete the "Recent Documents" in Word
> 2007, that appear when I click-on the "Microsoft Office Button".

Tony Jollans

      22nd Dec 2008
Note, if you go to this setting in the registry, that Word keeps track of
the last 50 files, regardless of your choice of how many to display, except
when you set the number to zero.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Graham Mayor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Owg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The list is stored in the registry at
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12\Word\FileMRU, from where
> you can delete individual entries
> or
> You can use the following macro which will reset the list to your preset
> preferred number of displayed documents:
>
> Sub ClearMRU
> Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
> listsize = RecentFiles.Maximum
> RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
> RecentFiles.Maximum = listsize
> End Sub
>
> See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
> or to edit the list see
> http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor - Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>
> LesHart51 wrote:
>> I just want to know how to Delete the "Recent Documents" in Word
>> 2007, that appear when I click-on the "Microsoft Office Button".

Graham Mayor

      23rd Dec 2008
I don't know whether to be pleased or worried about that

--