How do I delete all carriage returns in a word doc?

Bamba

      1st Feb 2009
I have pasted text from a PDF text box and I need to reformat it in word
(remove all the carriage returns). Does anyone have an easy way to remove
all the carriage returns in a document?
Cheers

macropod

      2nd Feb 2009

Hi Bamba,

In the Find/Replace screen, insert ^p in the Find box, with nothing in the Replace box.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Bamba" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have pasted text from a PDF text box and I need to reformat it in word
> (remove all the carriage returns). Does anyone have an easy way to remove
> all the carriage returns in a document?
> Cheers

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      2nd Feb 2009
I doubt that you want to remove *all* of them. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)