How do I default document properties in Word 2007 when saving

Santosh

      9th May 2008
How do I default document properties in Word 2007 when saving for the first
time. This feature was available in the previous versions of the word.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      9th May 2008
There isn't any exact equivalent. The closest thing is to get Word to
display the Document Information Panel (see
http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com/2...-in-word-2007/),
which does contain the same data as the Summary tab of the old Properties
dialog. The drawback is that if you choose to display it when you save a
document, it's also displayed every time you open one. One click to close
it, but still a nuisance.

For access to the old-style Properties dialog, you can add a button to the
QAT for Advanced Document Properties.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Santosh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I default document properties in Word 2007 when saving for the
> first
> time. This feature was available in the previous versions of the word.

Jay Freedman

      9th May 2008
Santosh wrote:
> How do I default document properties in Word 2007 when saving for the
> first time. This feature was available in the previous versions of
> the word.

It's well hidden. :-)

If the Developer tab of the ribbon isn't visible, turn it on in the Popular
tab of the Word Options dialog.

On the Developer ribbon, click the Document Panel button. In the dialog,
check the box for "Always show Document Information Panel on document open
and initial save". No, I don't know why this isn't in the Options dialog.

The standard panel has only the most common properties. If you want to see
the same Properties dialog that was in previous versions, click the Document
Properties item in the panel's title bar and select Advanced Properties.
(IMHO this is a horrible design with too many clicks for the most common
setups, just to accommodate the tiny percentage of users who will use
InfoPath to create custom document property panels.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      9th May 2008
Which is why I added the Advanced Document Properties button to my QAT.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...