How do I create symbols in Word 2007?

harmonyrs1013

      16th Jan 2009

--
Harmony (:

Jay Freedman

      16th Jan 2009
Please use the big empty space to explain what you're asking about.

You can click the Symbol button on the Insert tab of the ribbon, and choose More
Symbols to get the full Symbol dialog. The symbol you want (what are they?) may
be available in one of the full Unicode fonts such as Arial Unicode or Lucida
Sans Unicode; or you can look through the Symbol, Wingdings, Webdings, and other
symbol fonts. See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...tSpecChars.htm for
more info.

If the symbol you want isn't available in the fonts you have, you might be able
to make it by combining two or three other characters. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm for some examples of that.

Last choice is to draw the symbol and save it as an AutoCorrect entry or as a
Quick Part.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      16th Jan 2009
In addition to the referenced articles,
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...Characters.htm explains
specifically how to combine characters to create a new one.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...