How do i create a sound file flowing through the whole powerpoint

alttp2

      25th Jun 2008
I'm trying to create a powerpoint that shows images throughout VBS, but can
not get the sound to work correctly. I want it to flow uninterrupted
throughout the powerpoint.
Instead It will star over at every slide. How do i do this?

John Wilson

      25th Jun 2008
Sounds like you have applied a transition sound to every slide.
First remove them by choosing transition sound > NONE > Apply to all
Then
Add a transition sound to the first slide DO NOT click apply to all.
Amazing PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

http://www.PPTAlchemy.co.uk
http://www.technologytrish.co.uk
email john AT technologytrish.co.uk

"alttp2" wrote:

> I'm trying to create a powerpoint that shows images throughout VBS, but can
> not get the sound to work correctly. I want it to flow uninterrupted
> throughout the powerpoint.
> Instead It will star over at every slide. How do i do this?

loong

      26th Jun 2008
Set the sound to play through the presentation
A .Right-click the sound's icon
B. Pick Custom Animation from the popup menu The Custom Animation pane will
open and your sound file should be listed.
C. Click the arrow directly to the right of the sound icon to pull down the
various options.
D. Select Effect Options
E. Locate the Effects tab and Click the radio button beside Stop Playing
after *** slides
Put 999 in the box so the track will play throughout all your slides, even
if you go back and forth among slides.
PPT considers each transition a "slide," so you should put a large number
in there.
F. Check the settings in the Timing tab. To play automatically, the timing
should be set to Start. After Previous with a 0-second delay. Click OK to
close the dialog box

or you can burn the ppt files to some other file,like video,cd,dvd with some
softwares,during the process of burning,you can add some background sound
into the ppt files.This kind of software,such like moyea ppt to dvd
burner(http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/),you can have a try.

"alttp2" wrote:

> I'm trying to create a powerpoint that shows images throughout VBS, but can
> not get the sound to work correctly. I want it to flow uninterrupted
> throughout the powerpoint.
> Instead It will star over at every slide. How do i do this?

Lucy Thomson

      27th Jun 2008
Hmmmm. That looks familiar. Below is an extract from
www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00047.htm:
<quote>
a.. Right-click the sound's icon and pick Custom Animation from the popup
menu. The Custom Animation pane will open and your sound file should be
listed.
a.. Click the arrow directly to the right of the sound icon to pull down the
various options.
a.. Select Effect Options, and on the Effects tab, click the radio button
beside Stop Playing after XXX slides. Put 999 in the box so the track will
play throughout all your slides, even if you go back and forth among slides.
PPT
a.. considers each transition a "slide," so you want to put a large number
in there.
a.. Now check the settings in the Timing tab. To play automatically, the
timing should be set to Start After Previous with a 0-second delay.Click OK
to close the dialog box.
</quote>

And from the bottom of that very same page:
<quote>
Contents 1995-2008 Stephen Rindsberg, Rindsberg Photography, Inc. and
members of the MS PowerPoint MVP team. You may link to this page but any
form of unauthorized reproduction of this page's contents is expressly
forbidden.
</quote>

In future, please link to the PPTFAQ or put solutions into your own words.
Steve may have more to say on this matter.

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP