How do I create an executable excel file?

=?Utf-8?B?U3RlcGhlbkFjY291bnRhbnQ=?=

      21st Feb 2006
How do I create an Executable excel file. I have used no macros in my
workbook only formulas. I have not used Visual Basic.

I basically want to be able to provide my workbook to people so they can use
it whether they have Excel or not.

Norman Jones

      21st Feb 2006
Hi Stephen,

Your users must have a copy of Excel.

---
Regards,
Norman

"StephenAccountant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I create an Executable excel file. I have used no macros in my
> workbook only formulas. I have not used Visual Basic.
>
> I basically want to be able to provide my workbook to people so they can
> use
> it whether they have Excel or not.

NickHK

      21st Feb 2006

Or the free Excel Viewer.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN

Or the free Open Office can read Excel files.

Depends what you mean by "use".

NickHK

"Norman Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Stephen,
>
> Your users must have a copy of Excel.
>

> ---
> Regards,
> Norman
>

> "StephenAccountant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How do I create an Executable excel file. I have used no macros in my
> > workbook only formulas. I have not used Visual Basic.
> >
> > I basically want to be able to provide my workbook to people so they can
> > use
> > it whether they have Excel or not.

=?Utf-8?B?U3RlcGhlbkFjY291bnRhbnQ=?=

      21st Feb 2006
Use as in add data into the workbook and save it.

I didn't think the Excel Viewer could do that.

"NickHK" wrote:

> Or the free Excel Viewer.
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN
>
> Or the free Open Office can read Excel files.
>
> Depends what you mean by "use".
>
> NickHK
>
> "Norman Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Stephen,
> >
> > Your users must have a copy of Excel.
> >

> > ---
> > Regards,
> > Norman
> >

> > "StephenAccountant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > How do I create an Executable excel file. I have used no macros in my
> > > workbook only formulas. I have not used Visual Basic.
> > >
> > > I basically want to be able to provide my workbook to people so they can
> > > use
> > > it whether they have Excel or not.

NickHK

      21st Feb 2006
Stephen,
You're correct. The Viewer is only for, err, viewing.
Unless you want to understand the BIFF8(??) format used by Excel or shell
out for Office/Excel, Open Office is the only free way.

NickHK

"StephenAccountant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Use as in add data into the workbook and save it.
>
> I didn't think the Excel Viewer could do that.
>
> "NickHK" wrote:
>

> > Or the free Excel Viewer.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN

> > Or the free Open Office can read Excel files.
> >
> > Depends what you mean by "use".
> >
> > NickHK
> >
> > "Norman Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi Stephen,
> > >
> > > Your users must have a copy of Excel.
> > >

> > > ---
> > > Regards,
> > > Norman
> > >

> > > "StephenAccountant" <(E-Mail Removed)>

wrote in
> > > message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

my

can

=?Utf-8?B?U3RlcGhlbkFjY291bnRhbnQ=?=

      21st Feb 2006
What is open office?

"NickHK" wrote:

> Stephen,
> You're correct. The Viewer is only for, err, viewing.
> Unless you want to understand the BIFF8(??) format used by Excel or shell
> out for Office/Excel, Open Office is the only free way.
>
> NickHK
>
> "StephenAccountant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Use as in add data into the workbook and save it.
> >
> > I didn't think the Excel Viewer could do that.
> >
> > "NickHK" wrote:
> >

> > > Or the free Excel Viewer.
> > >

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN
> > >
> > > Or the free Open Office can read Excel files.
> > >
> > > Depends what you mean by "use".
> > >
> > > NickHK
> > >
> > > "Norman Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> wrote in

> my

> can