How do i convert PC powerpoint presentation to play on MAC?

=?Utf-8?B?bWVhbmhpcHBpZQ==?=

      17th Nov 2004
we have created a presentaion in PC powerpoint and we need to convert it to a
presentation that we can send to you numerous people - some of which will
play it on a MAC. How do we embed the fonts so that, no matter what machine
it is played on, it will play and look correct? Please send any answers to
(E-Mail Removed)

thanks

Kathy J

      17th Nov 2004
You can't embed fonts for presentations going to the Mac. Also, if you are
embedding fonts, you need to make sure that everyone getting the
presentation has all the fonts. Otherwise, they may have problems opening it
in PPT 2003. See these entries from Steve Rindsberg's PPT FAQ for more
information:
PowerPoint opens presentations as Read Only, won't allow editing when fonts
embedded
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00637.htm

Embedding fonts
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00076.htm

(And, sorry - but, no I won't email you. Threads on the newsgroup help the
most people. Chances are that if you have this question, others do too. In
fact, that's why it is addressed in the two FAQ entries. )
--
Kathryn Jacobs, Microsoft MVP PowerPoint and OneNote
Author of Kathy Jacobs on PowerPoint - Available now from Holy Macro! Books

"meanhippie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> we have created a presentaion in PC powerpoint and we need to convert it
> to a
> presentation that we can send to you numerous people - some of which will
> play it on a MAC. How do we embed the fonts so that, no matter what
> machine
> it is played on, it will play and look correct? Please send any answers to
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> thanks

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgTS4gTWFyY292aXR6?=

      17th Nov 2004
Check out "PC to Mac and Back" from the PPT FAQ:

http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00281.htm

--David

David M. Marcovitz
http://www.loyola.edu/education/PowerfulPowerPoint/

"meanhippie" wrote:

> we have created a presentaion in PC powerpoint and we need to convert it to a
> presentation that we can send to you numerous people - some of which will
> play it on a MAC. How do we embed the fonts so that, no matter what machine
> it is played on, it will play and look correct? Please send any answers to
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> thanks

Robert

      18th Nov 2004
This may be naive, but couldn't you convert it to a web page that would be
Mac compatible? Hope so, since I'm planning to do this.
Robert

"David M. Marcovitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check out "PC to Mac and Back" from the PPT FAQ:
>
> http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00281.htm
>
> --David
>
> David M. Marcovitz
> Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_
> http://www.loyola.edu/education/PowerfulPowerPoint/
>
> "meanhippie" wrote:
>
>> we have created a presentaion in PC powerpoint and we need to convert it
>> to a
>> presentation that we can send to you numerous people - some of which will
>> play it on a MAC. How do we embed the fonts so that, no matter what
>> machine
>> it is played on, it will play and look correct? Please send any answers
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> thanks

Steve Rindsberg

      18th Nov 2004
In article <HVQmd.393$(E-Mail Removed)>, Robert wrote:
> This may be naive, but couldn't you convert it to a web page that would be
> Mac compatible? Hope so, since I'm planning to do this.

That still wouldn't solve the font problem, would it?

> Robert
>
> "David M. Marcovitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Check out "PC to Mac and Back" from the PPT FAQ:
> >
> > http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00281.htm
> >
> > --David
> >
> > David M. Marcovitz
> > Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_
> > http://www.loyola.edu/education/PowerfulPowerPoint/
> >
> > "meanhippie" wrote:
> >
> >> we have created a presentaion in PC powerpoint and we need to convert it
> >> to a
> >> presentation that we can send to you numerous people - some of which will
> >> play it on a MAC. How do we embed the fonts so that, no matter what
> >> machine
> >> it is played on, it will play and look correct? Please send any answers
> >> (E-Mail Removed)
> >>
> >> thanks

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com