How do I connect my outlook email from work computer to home pc?

=?Utf-8?B?TmllY3k=?=

      1st Sep 2005
I work for a company and my bossed says to be able to check and send my email
at work from home, I need to go to Tools. The option that she is telling me
to choose is not available at all.

She says I have an older version of Outlook. I have MS Office 2000
Professional. I know it is older than what's currently on the market, but is
there another route I can take besides purchasing an upgraded version of the
software?

=?Utf-8?B?TmllY3k=?=

      5th Sep 2005
Yes, we use Exchange Server at work:

She says go to MS Mail instead I go to Tools, Accounts. Then she said: do
POP3 and add our server info as excellend.com for incoming and outgoing mail
server. But I'm still not getting my office mail.

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> I don't know enough about the mail setup you have at work to answer your
> question; that's why I need to know what your boss asked you to look for. Do
> you use Exchange Server at work? If you're not sure, wait until you go back
> to work and ask your boss again.
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> "Niecy" wrote:
>
> > I don't know what she said but it wasn't there; is there a route I can take
> > besides purchasing an upgraded version of the software--to configure this POP
> > 3 email at home with the system at work?
> >
> > "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> > > You haven't told us what option under Tools she has told you to find.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jocelyn Fiorello
> > > MVP - Outlook
> > >
> > > *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
> > > only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9jZWx5biBGaW9yZWxsbyBbTVZQIC0gT3V0bG9v

      5th Sep 2005
MS Mail? That's an entirely different mail server than Exchange Server. Is
she telling you there should be an "MS Mail" item on your Tools menu?

Also, the POP3 server names you posted don't look complete -- usually
they're something like "mail.domain.com" or "pop3.domain.com". Is there
someone else at your office who handles the computer stuff besides your boss
that you could ask about this?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook