How do I combine 2 tables in access 2003?

cbiggs99

      3rd Apr 2009
I have imported 2 tables from Excel into Access 2003. One is 400+ DVDs and
the other is 200+ CDs. The columns are identical, and I want to combine them
into a single table and build queries on the single table.

CLBiggs

Dirk Goldgar

      3rd Apr 2009
"cbiggs99" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have imported 2 tables from Excel into Access 2003. One is 400+ DVDs and
> the other is 200+ CDs. The columns are identical, and I want to combine
> them
> into a single table and build queries on the single table.

Either create a new table and then run two append queries to append the
records of each imported table to the new table, or else pick one of the
existing imported tables and run an append query to copy the records from
the other imported table into it.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com