How do I close my Outlook Address Book when Remove is off?

robinht

      25th Apr 2009
I am trrying to fix a problem with my Outlook Contact/Address Book. When I
click on Address Book ot To: in a new message, I don't see Contacts. I have
instructions to fix this, which involve removing the Outlook Address Book.
But when I go into email accounts and try to do this, the 'Remove' icon is
off. I have tried several times.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      25th Apr 2009
You did not post your Outlook version. If it is Outlook 2007, that version
has a permanent bug which prevents removal of the address book service. You
can only repair the address book service by creating a new profile from
scratch.
Why do you think you must do this? Have you enabled your Contacts Folder as
a electronic address book? Have you browsed to that folder in the address
book view dropdown?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]