How do I change screen aspect ratio

=?Utf-8?B?anRudA==?=

      14th Nov 2006
Just got a new widescreen laptop and don't like it. Everything is streched
out horizontally. Any way I can have the display set to 4:3 instead of 16:10
aspect and not use all the screen width?

Thanks

Jack

Brian A

      14th Nov 2006
Isn't there info in the manual that was provided on how to adjust the aspect ratio?
Have you looked in Display Properties > Settings?
Have you looked in Display Properties > Settings > Advanced tab?
Have you looked in Display Properties > Desktop tab?

To get the display properties window, right click on the desktop and click
Properties in the popup menu.

--

Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
http://basconotw.mvps.org/

Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"jtnt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just got a new widescreen laptop and don't like it. Everything is streched
> out horizontally. Any way I can have the display set to 4:3 instead of 16:10
> aspect and not use all the screen width?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jack

Dave B.

      14th Nov 2006
It is streched because you have the wrong resolution set.

"jtnt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just got a new widescreen laptop and don't like it. Everything is streched
> out horizontally. Any way I can have the display set to 4:3 instead of
> 16:10
> aspect and not use all the screen width?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jack

=?Utf-8?B?anRudA==?=

      15th Nov 2006
I tried everything there is to try in properties, and the manual is a
"general purpose" series 5000 manual with no specifics. So I guess I'm stuck
with it the way it is.

"Brian A" wrote:

> Isn't there info in the manual that was provided on how to adjust the aspect ratio?
> Have you looked in Display Properties > Settings?
> Have you looked in Display Properties > Settings > Advanced tab?
> Have you looked in Display Properties > Desktop tab?
>
> To get the display properties window, right click on the desktop and click
> Properties in the popup menu.
>
> --
>
> Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
> http://basconotw.mvps.org/
>
> Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "jtnt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just got a new widescreen laptop and don't like it. Everything is streched
> > out horizontally. Any way I can have the display set to 4:3 instead of 16:10
> > aspect and not use all the screen width?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Jack

Brian A

      15th Nov 2006