how do i change number of lines per page in Word?

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hpbGRlcm9sYW5k?=

      29th Dec 2004
how do i change the number of lines per page in Word? Word Help says use the
Document Grid Tab in Page Setup in the File menu but I can't find this tab?
Is there another way to change the number of lines per page, or how do I find
this tab?

garfield-n-odie

      29th Dec 2004
The feature you're asking about is only available if support for
Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, or Korean is enabled
through Microsoft Office Language Settings.

childeroland wrote:

> how do i change the number of lines per page in Word? Word Help says use the
> Document Grid Tab in Page Setup in the File menu but I can't find this tab?
> Is there another way to change the number of lines per page, or how do I find
> this tab?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      29th Dec 2004
But note that the number of lines per page can be tweaked using paragraph
spacing. For more, see http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/BottomLine.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"garfield-n-odie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The feature you're asking about is only available if support for
> Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, or Korean is enabled
> through Microsoft Office Language Settings.
>

> childeroland wrote:
>
> > how do i change the number of lines per page in Word? Word Help says use

the
> > Document Grid Tab in Page Setup in the File menu but I can't find this

tab?
> > Is there another way to change the number of lines per page, or how do I

find
> > this tab?

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hpbGRlcm9sYW5k?=

      29th Dec 2004
Thanks so much for your help.

childeroland

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

> The feature you're asking about is only available if support for
> Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, or Korean is enabled
> through Microsoft Office Language Settings.
>

> childeroland wrote:
>
> > how do i change the number of lines per page in Word? Word Help says use the
> > Document Grid Tab in Page Setup in the File menu but I can't find this tab?
> > Is there another way to change the number of lines per page, or how do I find
> > this tab?

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hpbGRlcm9sYW5k?=

      29th Dec 2004
Ms. Barnhill:
Do you know how to change the number of lines per page without changing the
line spacing? I need 25 lines per page, if possible, with double spacing.

thanks,
childeroland

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> But note that the number of lines per page can be tweaked using paragraph
> spacing. For more, see http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/BottomLine.htm
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
> all may benefit.
>
> "garfield-n-odie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The feature you're asking about is only available if support for
> > Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, or Korean is enabled
> > through Microsoft Office Language Settings.
> >

> > childeroland wrote:
> >
> > > how do i change the number of lines per page in Word? Word Help says use

> the
> > > Document Grid Tab in Page Setup in the File menu but I can't find this

> tab?
> > > Is there another way to change the number of lines per page, or how do I

> find
> > > this tab?

=?Utf-8?B?Z2FyZmllbGQtbi1vZGll?=

      29th Dec 2004
Garfield here again... One way, assuming you are using a U.S. letter-size
page with 1" margins on the top and bottom, is to select the text and click
on Format | Paragraph | Indents and Spacing | Line spacing: Exactly: 25.5 pt

"childeroland" wrote:

> Ms. Barnhill:
> Do you know how to change the number of lines per page without changing the
> line spacing? I need 25 lines per page, if possible, with double spacing.
>
> thanks,
> childeroland

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      29th Dec 2004
To get exactly 25 lines per page, you will have to change either the line
spacing or the margins. With the default 1" top and bottom margins, you will
need line spacing of Exactly 25 pts. Note, however, that your effective
margins will be slightly larger than 1". If you set the top and bottom
margins to 0.9" and use Exactly 26 pt line spacing, you *may* get a closer
fit. Interestingly, when I do this, I get 25 lines per page in both Print
Layout view and Print Preview, but when I print, I get only 24 lines on the
page. The top margin is 1", and the bottom margin would be, too, if the 25th
line were actually printed.

Note that 25-pt line spacing is actually greater than "double" spacing on a
typewriter, which is 24 pts (3 lpi).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
all may benefit.

"childeroland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ms. Barnhill:
> Do you know how to change the number of lines per page without changing

the
> line spacing? I need 25 lines per page, if possible, with double spacing.
>
> thanks,
> childeroland
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
>
> > But note that the number of lines per page can be tweaked using

paragraph
> > spacing. For more, see

http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/BottomLine.htm

> > --
> > Suzanne S. Barnhill
> > Microsoft MVP (Word)
> > Words into Type
> > Fairhope, Alabama USA
> > Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> > Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the

newsgroup so
> > all may benefit.
> >
> > "garfield-n-odie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > The feature you're asking about is only available if support for
> > > Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, or Korean is

enabled
> > > through Microsoft Office Language Settings.

use
> > the

this
> > tab?

do I
> > find

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hpbGRlcm9sYW5k?=

      29th Dec 2004
yes, i've got it now. not such a stubborn program, when you know how to work
it. thank you.

childeroland

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> To get exactly 25 lines per page, you will have to change either the line
> spacing or the margins. With the default 1" top and bottom margins, you will
> need line spacing of Exactly 25 pts. Note, however, that your effective
> margins will be slightly larger than 1". If you set the top and bottom
> margins to 0.9" and use Exactly 26 pt line spacing, you *may* get a closer
> fit. Interestingly, when I do this, I get 25 lines per page in both Print
> Layout view and Print Preview, but when I print, I get only 24 lines on the
> page. The top margin is 1", and the bottom margin would be, too, if the 25th
> line were actually printed.
>
> Note that 25-pt line spacing is actually greater than "double" spacing on a
> typewriter, which is 24 pts (3 lpi).
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
> all may benefit.
>
> "childeroland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Ms. Barnhill:
> > Do you know how to change the number of lines per page without changing

> the
> > line spacing? I need 25 lines per page, if possible, with double spacing.
> >
> > thanks,
> > childeroland
> >
> > "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
> >
> > > But note that the number of lines per page can be tweaked using

> paragraph
> > > spacing. For more, see

> http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/BottomLine.htm
> > >
> > > --
> > > Suzanne S. Barnhill
> > > Microsoft MVP (Word)
> > > Words into Type
> > > Fairhope, Alabama USA
> > > Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> > > Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the

> newsgroup so
> > > all may benefit.
> > >
> > > "garfield-n-odie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> enabled

> use
> > > the

> this
> > > tab?

> do I
> > > find

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hpbGRlcm9sYW5k?=

      29th Dec 2004
got it now. not such a stubborn program when it's in the cooperative mood.
grateful for your help.

childeroland

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

> Garfield here again... One way, assuming you are using a U.S. letter-size
> page with 1" margins on the top and bottom, is to select the text and click
> on Format | Paragraph | Indents and Spacing | Line spacing: Exactly: 25.5 pt
> | OK.
>
> "childeroland" wrote:
>
> > Ms. Barnhill:
> > Do you know how to change the number of lines per page without changing the
> > line spacing? I need 25 lines per page, if possible, with double spacing.
> >
> > thanks,
> > childeroland

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      29th Dec 2004
Thanks for reminding me that Word will accept fractional point sizes!