How do I change excel column heading from numeric to alphabetic?

bones21

      30th Jan 2009
My spreadsheet column headings changed fom aphabetic to numeric. I would like
to know how to change them back to alphabetic. I just asked this question and
received an answer. However the answer never appeared, just a blank page.

John

      30th Jan 2009
HI Again
Will try once moore:
Goto>Tools>Options>General>uncheck R1C1 reference style.
HTH
John

"bones21" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My spreadsheet column headings changed fom aphabetic to numeric. I would
> like
> to know how to change them back to alphabetic. I just asked this question
> and
> received an answer. However the answer never appeared, just a blank page.

Suleman Peerzade

      30th Jan 2009
Hi,

In the menubar Tools>>Options>>General>>Uncheck the R1C1 reference style>>OK
you will get the column headings back in alphabetical order.
--
_______________________
Click "Yes" if it helps

"bones21" wrote:

> My spreadsheet column headings changed fom aphabetic to numeric. I would like
> to know how to change them back to alphabetic. I just asked this question and
> received an answer. However the answer never appeared, just a blank page.

New Member

      22nd Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones21 View Post
My spreadsheet column headings changed fom aphabetic to numeric. I would like
to know how to change them back to alphabetic. I just asked this question and
received an answer. However the answer never appeared, just a blank page.

<< try this .. for excel 2010;
click File, ; Option ; select tab ; Formula and then unchecked the R1C1 reference.