How do I automate a reoccuring data load from Excel to Access?

Andrewrccl

      12th May 2008
I need to update an Access database weekly from an excel spreadsheet
generated from one of our systems... In doing so, there is some basic
transforms to do one the data before it is dumped in...
Is there an easy/good way to do that?

thanks!!

Klatuu

      12th May 2008
One way is to link to the spreadsheet as if it were a table. Then use an
append query that can do the data transformation and append records to your
Access tables at the same time.

It may be necessary to use recordset processing to do this if the
transformation can't be done with SQL. But, avoid using any make table or
temporary tables as they are big contributers to database bloat.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP