How do I apply a new notes layout to all slides?

Pat

      2nd Apr 2008
I am revising a large PPT 2007 presentation. I am sing notes pages, and I
have changed the notes master. How do I apply this change to all the slides
in the presentation without having to do it slide by slide?

Lucy Thomson

      2nd Apr 2008
Hi Pat

Go to View -> Notes Master (not Notes Page - it's on the right hand side of
the Presentation Views group) and make the changes there - the whole
presentation should update.

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am revising a large PPT 2007 presentation. I am sing notes pages, and I
> have changed the notes master. How do I apply this change to all the
> slides
> in the presentation without having to do it slide by slide?

Pat

      2nd Apr 2008
Hi Lucy,

Thanks, but I did make the change on the notes master. It does not change
the notes pages, and then I need to right click on each page, go to notes
layout, and click on reapply mater. There must be an easier way!

"Lucy Thomson" wrote:

> Hi Pat
>
> Go to View -> Notes Master (not Notes Page - it's on the right hand side of
> the Presentation Views group) and make the changes there - the whole
> presentation should update.
>
> Lucy
>
> --
> Lucy Thomson
> PowerPoint MVP
> MOS Master Instructor
> www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au
>

> "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am revising a large PPT 2007 presentation. I am sing notes pages, and I
> > have changed the notes master. How do I apply this change to all the
> > slides
> > in the presentation without having to do it slide by slide?

Lucy Thomson

      3rd Apr 2008
Hi Pat

Hmmm. I see that behaviour here if I have already manipulated a notes page -
that is notes pages I have left alone update with the master but ones I have
tinkered with don't.

I've had a good old hunt about and I can't find an 'update all' option
anywhere. Also, creating a new ppt(x) and re-using the slides doesn't work.

One of the VBA experts may have an answer for you....

Aha! I found this on the FAQ:
Reapply the Notes Master to each Notes Page in a presentation
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00760.htm

If you aren't sure how to use VBA, there is a link at the end of the
article. I'm not sure it will work in 2007 but it's worth a try (on a copy
of your presentation just in case).

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP
MOS Master Instructor
www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Lucy,
>
> Thanks, but I did make the change on the notes master. It does not change
> the notes pages, and then I need to right click on each page, go to notes
> layout, and click on reapply mater. There must be an easier way!
>
> "Lucy Thomson" wrote:
>
>> Hi Pat
>>
>> Go to View -> Notes Master (not Notes Page - it's on the right hand side
>> of
>> the Presentation Views group) and make the changes there - the whole
>> presentation should update.
>>
>> Lucy
>>
>> --
>> Lucy Thomson
>> PowerPoint MVP
>> MOS Master Instructor
>> www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au
>>

>> "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I am revising a large PPT 2007 presentation. I am sing notes pages, and
>> > have changed the notes master. How do I apply this change to all the
>> > slides
>> > in the presentation without having to do it slide by slide?

Pat

      3rd Apr 2008
Sounds a bit scary. I have bever used VBA. I will give it a try in the
morning (i am on the other side of the world)

How is life in Oz? I lived in Sydney for 3 years and LOVED it.

"Lucy Thomson" wrote:

> Hi Pat
>
> Hmmm. I see that behaviour here if I have already manipulated a notes page -
> that is notes pages I have left alone update with the master but ones I have
> tinkered with don't.
>
> I've had a good old hunt about and I can't find an 'update all' option
> anywhere. Also, creating a new ppt(x) and re-using the slides doesn't work.
>
> One of the VBA experts may have an answer for you....
>
> Aha! I found this on the FAQ:
> Reapply the Notes Master to each Notes Page in a presentation
> http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00760.htm
>
> If you aren't sure how to use VBA, there is a link at the end of the
> article. I'm not sure it will work in 2007 but it's worth a try (on a copy
> of your presentation just in case).
>
> Lucy
>
> --
> Lucy Thomson
> PowerPoint MVP
> MOS Master Instructor
> www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au
>

> "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Lucy,
> >
> > Thanks, but I did make the change on the notes master. It does not change
> > the notes pages, and then I need to right click on each page, go to notes
> > layout, and click on reapply mater. There must be an easier way!
> >
> > "Lucy Thomson" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Pat
> >>
> >> Go to View -> Notes Master (not Notes Page - it's on the right hand side
> >> of
> >> the Presentation Views group) and make the changes there - the whole
> >> presentation should update.
> >>
> >> Lucy
> >>
> >> --
> >> Lucy Thomson
> >> PowerPoint MVP
> >> MOS Master Instructor
> >> www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au
> >>

> >> "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Lucy Thomson

      3rd Apr 2008
It's not that scary - honestly. And if you have any problems post the code
here and one of the VBA-ers will give you a hand I'm sure :-)

Oz is good thanks - certainly beats the weather in the UK (where I'm from).

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP
MOS Master Instructor
www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sounds a bit scary. I have bever used VBA. I will give it a try in the
> morning (i am on the other side of the world)
>
> How is life in Oz? I lived in Sydney for 3 years and LOVED it.
>
> "Lucy Thomson" wrote:
>
>> Hi Pat
>>
>> Hmmm. I see that behaviour here if I have already manipulated a notes
>> page -
>> that is notes pages I have left alone update with the master but ones I
>> have
>> tinkered with don't.
>>
>> I've had a good old hunt about and I can't find an 'update all' option
>> anywhere. Also, creating a new ppt(x) and re-using the slides doesn't
>> work.
>>
>> One of the VBA experts may have an answer for you....
>>
>> Aha! I found this on the FAQ:
>> Reapply the Notes Master to each Notes Page in a presentation
>> http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00760.htm
>>
>> If you aren't sure how to use VBA, there is a link at the end of the
>> article. I'm not sure it will work in 2007 but it's worth a try (on a
>> copy
>> of your presentation just in case).
>>
>> Lucy
>>
>> --
>> Lucy Thomson
>> PowerPoint MVP
>> MOS Master Instructor
>> www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au
>>

>> "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi Lucy,
>> >
>> > Thanks, but I did make the change on the notes master. It does not
>> > change
>> > the notes pages, and then I need to right click on each page, go to
>> > notes
>> > layout, and click on reapply mater. There must be an easier way!

Dawn

      8th May 2008
I have had the same problem, except that when I reapply master, my slide
placeholder is deleted, and the changes I made in the master (to the footer)
do not actually get updated in the notes page.

So I am stuck updating them all by hand. I would welcome a suggestion on how
to fix this.

I am working with ppt files in compatibility mode (because I need to use the
ppts with web presentation applications that do not yet support office 2007
file types).