How do I apply 'custom' prices to goods and services?

Doctor Lard

      21st Apr 2008
Hi folks.

I'm very new to BCM but thus far I like it.
One thing I can see already though that may stop me adopting it for the
company is the 'hard-coding' of price information.
Let's say I sell a range of systems based on the same product to a range of
customers at a range of prices.
I don't want each separately-priced system to be a separate product in the
list but I can't see any other way of doing it.
I have very little in the way of 'standard pricing'; doe BCM support 'custom
pricing' whereby I can have opportunities with the same prodcuts/services but
at different prices?

Thanks in advance.
Doc.

Luther

      22nd Apr 2008
On Apr 21, 8:58*am, Doctor Lard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> I'm very new to BCM but thus far I like it.
> One thing I can see already though that may stop me adopting it for the
> company is the 'hard-coding' of price information.
> Let's say I sell a range of systems based on the same product to a range of
> customers at a range of prices.
> I don't want each separately-priced system to be a separate product in the
> list but I can't see any other way of doing it.
> I have very little in the way of 'standard pricing'; doe BCM support 'custom
> pricing' whereby I can have opportunities with the same prodcuts/services but
> at different prices?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Doc.

I can add two items to an opportunity, with the same name and
different unit prices.

Doctor Lard

      23rd Apr 2008

"Luther" wrote:

> On Apr 21, 8:58 am, Doctor Lard <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> > Hi folks.
> >
> > I'm very new to BCM but thus far I like it.
> > One thing I can see already though that may stop me adopting it for the
> > company is the 'hard-coding' of price information.
> > Let's say I sell a range of systems based on the same product to a range of
> > customers at a range of prices.
> > I don't want each separately-priced system to be a separate product in the
> > list but I can't see any other way of doing it.
> > I have very little in the way of 'standard pricing'; doe BCM support 'custom
> > pricing' whereby I can have opportunities with the same prodcuts/services but
> > at different prices?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Doc.

> I can add two items to an opportunity, with the same name and
> different unit prices.

You're right - I was being a bit dense!
Thanks for the reply - it pointed me in the right direction.

Kelly

      19th Jun 2008

"Doctor Lard" wrote:

> "Luther" wrote:
>
> > On Apr 21, 8:58 am, Doctor Lard <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi folks.
> > >
> > > I'm very new to BCM but thus far I like it.
> > > One thing I can see already though that may stop me adopting it for the
> > > company is the 'hard-coding' of price information.
> > > Let's say I sell a range of systems based on the same product to a range of
> > > customers at a range of prices.
> > > I don't want each separately-priced system to be a separate product in the
> > > list but I can't see any other way of doing it.
> > > I have very little in the way of 'standard pricing'; doe BCM support 'custom
> > > pricing' whereby I can have opportunities with the same prodcuts/services but
> > > at different prices?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > > Doc.

> > I can add two items to an opportunity, with the same name and
> > different unit prices.
> >

> You're right - I was being a bit dense!
> Thanks for the reply - it pointed me in the right direction.

Hello,
I am new to BCM also... and have to throw in that I am an avid ACT user and
the ACT administrator for our company but we would like to switch over to BCM
for various reasons. In the month that I have been beta testing BCM I have
had the need to put in negative numbers (-$1596.00) as in a credit, in an
opportunity. And have yet to figure out how to do this.
I have looked through the posts and this is the only one I found that came
close to the subject.
Thanks for any and all help!
Kelly